Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's been a while - sorry

Okay Abigail, I'm sorry. I am making it my personal goal to update this blog at least every other day, maybe just once a week, no, every other day. I seem to have a million things to do but then nothing to show for it. Anyway - I apologize - this was supposed to be my way of documenting our days together, so I will do better.
Lots of things have happened between then and now, but instead of spending tons of time on trying to remember, I'm just going to start fresh...

So, this past weekend, Mommy and Daddy went out of town without you for the first time!!! Daddy surprised me suddenly with a trip to Chicago. He arranged everything, even Mimi coming to stay with you. She had no problems what so ever with that. Daddy and I left Friday morning and got back Sunday, and I have to say, I missed you. I woke up the first night in the hotel VERY confused and starting demanding for Daddy to tell me where you were because I couldn't find you. After a couple minutes I realized what was going on, but it was scary there for a few. We went and saw Dirty Dancing on Broadway and Daddy surprised me (and you) with a little gift - it was a bib that says "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." One day, maybe when you are 30, I'll let you watch the movie to understand it, but for now, just know that the present rocked! We also ventured into the American Girl doll store, which I will put money on that you and me will go and visit many a time, and Daddy will chill at the ESPN zone right down the street.
According to Mimi, you guys had a ton of fun, just the 2 of you hanging out. She sent us several pictures updating and saying things like "she's sleeping all the time" or "she's been just perfect" and I hope it was true because we might just ask her again!!! Don't worry, we'll wait a little bit because I was so ready to see you. She said you guys shopped a little (you will learn this is what Mimi lives for) and surprise surprise she bought you something. She also was nice enough to hand wash a couple outfits of yours. I know i'm supposed to be at that level but I LOATHE hand washing anything... except your baths, which man alive you love. You are such a good bath baby. Even if you are crying before, you always end up happy. And Grandma taught us this trick to warm your towel up right before you get out of the bath, but I think I'll let that be her special trick when she bathes you!! It will be like getting candy, but without the cavities, right?

We're home now and trying to get you back on schedule, or well, us back on schedule. Daddy just put you down and we're hoping for an all nighter. You've been sleeping from 8ish to 5:00ish but we put you down at 9 tonight so maybe you'll pull through till after 6??? Like I said before, I will never complain about your sleep because you have done fantastic, but your Aunt Lizzy keeps talking about Emery and Sarah sleeping 7 to 7 and man, I will have to say, I am looking forward to that, or even just a 7 to 6, you know...
So we're getting ready for a big week - it's Thanksgiving week and we're headed to Cookeville, but I am committed to writing. Love you Abigail...

No comments: