Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Trash

Dear Abigail,
You have an obsession with garbage cans. Maybe all 13 and 1/2 month old princesses do, I don't know, but you do - and it's gross. And, while Mommy and Daddy are trying our hardest not to say "NO" but rather say "it's not for Abby", nothing is working, even when we lose our patients and scream "NO ABBY!!"
Your first obsession is to throw your diaper away. Which, to be honest, I like. I like that you like to help out and clean up. You know when your diaper comes off that soon enough the room will be refreshed with week old diapers as you open that fancy dirty diaper trash can. I'm hoping it's not the fragrance that captivates you, but rather the opening of the lid and dropping of the diaper into the dark, black (and smelly) hole. Problem here is, you like to stick your hand down in that dark, black (and smelly) hole. We keep 'hanitizer' right beside the diaper can to say the least.
So, you love that diaper can, right. Well, apparently you love it for more than just diapers. Sunday, Mommy was making you try on a new pair of shoes right before I was putting the actual shoes you were going to wear on. I knew I had sat the new shoes on the ground beside the chair, and off we went to run errands, etc. Later that afternoon, I went searching for those shoes. Counldn't find them anywhere - even called Daddy to see if he had done something with them or seen them. They were brand new, and I could not find them! It was driving me batty and I was running around the house, looking under beds and in the bathtub and laundry baskets. I even had convinced myself that maybe I put them in a shopping bag to take them back, even though I had no intentions of taking them back -that's how crazy I was getting. Well, about an hour after looking, I looked up to see you walking toward the infamous diaper can and then it clicked... I had to take the lid off and scrounge through 3-4 nasty diapers to find those shoes! Someone, and I'm not going to call you out for sure, but someone threw them away, and Daddy swears it wasn't him... Now I just wonder how many things actually got thrown away that I didn't catch...I will always assume anything missing is in the diaper can!
So, I thought that might be the end of our garbage can events for the day, but later Mommy was at the grocery store and I got a phone call from Daddy. He could not wait to tell me what you did. He knew you were playing in your playroom, and even heard you come into the kitchen, but when he looked up to see you, you darted off running back to your play room. Well, a few minutes later when he went in there, you were munching on a piece of pizza. A PIECE OF PIZZA WE HAD FOR LUNCH THAT WE HAD THROWN AWAY!! ahhhhhhhhhh!!! You had taken a piece of pizza from the garbage can and eaten it! G-R-O-S-S!!! I guess we need to look for a spot to hide our kitchen garbage now. Seriously, you have a whole play room full of wonderful toys, and you'd rather dig threw the garbage??!!! We thought you loved Elmo, but maybe it's Oscar the Grouch you love...I still love you though, dirty diapers, garbage pizza and all. You sure are sweet when we tell you "Not for Abby" - you look at us and say "No, no???" How can we get mad at that... Love you.

No comments: