Monday, March 29, 2010

Snowshoe - Season Finale


Dear Abigail,
You may be wondering, what else can Mommy talk about with this Snowshoe trip. We covered the ride up there, we covered playing in the snow - what else you ask... How about Abby learns to ski!! That's right. I saved the best for last. See, Mommy HEARTS skiing, and, after years of convincing him, Mommy's true love (Daddy) learned to ski and enjoyed it, and so I thought "well, this just makes for a fantastic vacation. I can't ask for anything else". But then, Aunt Steph's sister Mel, who is the famous level 2 ski instructor who taught your daddy, suggested why don't we get the girls on some skis! WHA?!! Abigail on skis at 18 months old - oh what a dream come true. All my loves will be on skis!!! And so we did it... The pictures speak volumes...
Here's getting the ski boots on...
Mommy's so proud of her powder monkey...
Look what a big girl Ellie is being, too!
Here we go.....





And look at Ellie go!!!


I don't want to deceive you, so I have to be honest here. You didn't exactly LOVE skiing, at least not yet. You were a little afraid of actually standing up on the skis. I think maybe because they limited the amount of space you could move!! Anyway, we had a blast trying to get you to ski, and it brought a lot of hope for years to come!! And, at the end of the day, you had a good time. Aunt Steph even taught you how to throw snow balls in Mommy's face, instead of Ellies!!


Then. top the trip off, on the last day, Daddy and I took you back out in the snow - one last hoo-rah before the dreaded drive home...




As you can see, you were worn out when we got you inside. Perfect time for a bath!!! Yay - you and Ellie got the infamous 'babies in a bath' picture!!! Wouldn't be cousins without it!

Baby girl, we had such a blast on this vacation, so much that I don't even remember the awful drive home, other than it was the longest 12 hours EVER!!

Twelve hours or not, this is no doubt an annual trip for us! I love you and can't wait to have a million more ski trips with my powder monkey!!!!

No comments: