Sunday, July 25, 2010

Milestones

Dear Abigail,
You've reached another milestone, and for some reason, this one hit a little harder than the past 2 or 3. So, you know how you are in your toddler bed, right? Just to update you, you are doing fantastic in it. We put you to bed at night, in the bed, with a book, sometimes a song, and you quietly get in bed. Of course, the second we walk out the door you let out a little whine, turn the light on, typically grab a book off your shelf and hop back in bed, where you typically are asleep in 20 minutes. So good, right! And Mommy accepted that milestone with hardly any heartache, probably because we were having such issues with the bed that I was just happy to see an improvement. Anyway, so you sleep in a big girl toddler bed. Well, when we go to Mimi's or Papa Rob's, you still sleep in your crib, no problem. So on Friday, when we were having our Friday night Mexican at Aunt Steph's house, I figured the pak-n-play was not going to be an issue... Daddy put you to bed upstairs in the guest bedroom, in the pak-n-play. He of course turned the light off, and you of course, let out a cry or 2, but by the time he was back downstairs, and I turned on the monitor, you weren't making a peep, so we thought, cool, no issues - YAY! So Mommy and Daddy carried on our business with the gang, and about 2 or so hours later, Daddy came in from playing corn hole asking if I had to go upstairs to get you or something. I, of course, said no, why and he said that he could see from outside that your bedroom light was on. Hmmmm... weren't you in the pak-n-play? So how'd that light get on???... Yeah, so Daddy went to check and sure enough you had climbed out of the pak-n-play and climbed right up into the guest bed and were fast asleep!! Daddy was SUPER excited, and proud of you for being able to climb out without tipping it over and for getting up in the bed, without coming down the stairs, but Mommy on the other hand was, well, not so super excited!! I don't know why, but for some reason not being able to use the pak-n-play really made me think about how quickly you are growing up! I mean, I know you are in the toddler bed, I know we're potty training on August 12th, I know you brush your teeth, and talk to me and sing your ABC's, but now no pak-n-play - now when we go to people's houses, we have to make you a pallet on the floor???? Where has my baby girl gone! You are getting soo grown up and Mommy loves loves loves it, but man alive, can you slow down just a little - PLEASE??!!!
I love you big girl!!!

No comments: