Monday, January 23, 2012

The best weekend of your life so far...

Dear Abigial,

Okay, well "The best weekend of your life so far" might be a stretch, but it sure was fun because it was the weekend that I, yes your one and only BFF (okay maybe you have more than one BFF), came to visit and see your new house. I know, I KNOW, you can't figure out what is going on here, but I, Sarah, am writing the blog this week. You and I had so much fun that your Mommy thought I would be better suited to put it into words. I love putting things into lots and lots of words, so I jumped on it. So, here we go...Sarah and Lil's weekend of FUN (with some Mommy, Daddy and Kate time thrown in for good measure).

I got up there Thursday night because it had been so long since I had seen you. Two and a half weeks I think. And guess what happened on the way to your house....it SNOWED. Not a big beautiful snow, mind you, but it flurried all the way. I decided I better leave work early to make sure I didn't have any problems, and I got to your new house a little before supper time. You had been to gymnastics that day, I know that because you still had on your leotard. I think you were pretty stoked to see me. When I got there you were playing with your little sister, which I have discovered is something you love to do. Then you had to show me your NEW HOUSE! I was so glad when you finally moved into your new house, though not half as glad as your mommy and daddy were I am sure. We walked all around the downstairs of your new house, seeing all the cool little ins and outs of it. Then we walked up stairs to see your bedroom, Kate's bedroom, and my favorite room, THE PLAYROOM! Man alive you have the coolest playroom. More on that later. Your daddy got home from work and you and your mommy made dinner, which was PIZZA! Well, you ate more of the toppings than helped make the pizza, but it's the thought that counts, right. Off to bed soon, for all of us.

Friday was a normal school day for you. I came downstairs just in time to sit with you while you ate your breakfast then you and your daddy headed out. Your mom and I went to do some exercising "to work all that food off" as you like to say then we headed out for some errands with your baby sister. I won't bore you with those details, but somewhere along the way I came up with this brilliant plan to pick you up from school and take you for a special treat. Now, if you ask your mommy she may say that was her idea, but don't listen to her, it was all me because I am your BFF. What's a better special treat than Sweet CeCes. Don't tell your Mimi we went to eat ice cream. That is also her favorite thing to do, but we all love us some sweet CeCes. Back home we all headed, and you and I got to hang out in the best room in the entire house, the playroom. You made me cupcakes in your new microwave (which I am sure Bebe will be glad to hear), we played with your new friend Sarafina, we played dress up, well you dressed up, I watched. At one point you had on your Woody outfit with your pink princess shoes. B-e-a-itiful! But the most fun was had playing with, wait for it...the empty paper towel roll. Yes, you heard me, the empty paper towel roll. I think you had the most fun because you climbed up the bookcase to hide it from me. It was bolted to the wall, so it can't fall over on you, so no harm no foul, right? Kate woke up from her nap and she and your mommy came up to play, too. We played a rip roaring game of chutes and ladders. We played and played for what seemed like hours, but I am sure was not;) Then guess who showed up at your house. ELLIE and baby Christopher, along with their parents of course. Why, you may ask? Good question. Because it was Friday and what happens on Friday...MEXICAN! When we got to Mexican you ended up sitting at the other end of the table from me, but that was cool. Ellie and Ryan were sitting down there and you all hung out and talked and played and texted and facebooked. Well, I can't guarantee what happened, but you all were quiet and used good manners and nobody cried (that I can remember. So we will go with that story). After mexican the three of you ran around in circles for a few minutes, then home we all headed. You went to bed pretty soon, and your mommy and daddy and I headed to the other upstairs to "watch a movie" in your theater room. I use the terms "watch a movie" very loosely for two reason. First, that is typically code for go to sleep and second it was the worst movie ever made.

Saturday morning started out pretty awesome because guess what your mommy made for us for breakfast...pancakes! Mmmm, mmmm, I love me some pancakes. You do to, I might add, though you don't like the syrup part as much as the rest of us. I love it when you say to your mom "Mommy do I like that?" in this case talking about pancake syrup. Your mommy made breakfast, while your daddy got Kate situated and you and I set the table. Then we all ate a supper yummy breakfast. After breakfast you and Kate and your mommy all had to take baths and get ready for our busy afternoon. I went to the Y for some exercising "to work all that food off" as you say, and your daddy went to Lowes. When I got back you indeed had a bath and were already in your leotard for gymnastics (more on that later). By the time we all had showered and changed clothes, it was lunch time. Time sure does move fast when you are having fun. We ate lunch then all the girlies headed out. Member when I said you had on your gymnastics clothes? I bet you said "What? It's Saturday, not Thursday." You are right, my dear, it WAS Saturday and you were going to your friend Chloe's birthday party at gymnastics. Now, I didn't get to stay because it was a little girl party, not a big girl party, so we had to drop you off and leave, but I bet you had a blast. And you got a cool party favor of a water bottle with your name on it. Chloe's mom sure does know what every little girl needs. Home we went, and your daddy was there. He really, really wanted to hang with you and Kate, so I let him. He is your daddy after all. I think you went on a bike ride and played outside for a bit. Your mommy and I went to run some errands. When we got back you were getting ready to eat dinner and hit the hay soon. Your mommy and I were going out for a big girls night out so you got to stay home with your daddy, again! Your daddy sure does love it when I come to town. He gets to spend a lot of quality time with you and your sister. Your mommy and I went to dinner and a movie and didn't get home until almost midnight, which is super late for the two of us. You of course were long asleep when we got home, like the good little girl you are:)

Sunday morning came and you were up bright and early as expected. As soon as I came down stairs you had to show me your COWS! I think actually you have shown me your cows everyday, but this morning they were putting on a show. We all ate breakfast, and then I had to do what I hate to do every time I come and visit you, pack up my stuff and drive back home to Munford. It seems like such a long drive after having so much fun with you and the family at your new house. I don't know what you did the rest of Sunday, I did leave pretty early in the day. I heard talk about going to see a movie or maybe going to the park and for a bike ride. But, you have to ask your mommy and daddy about that. I can't wait to come back and visit again. I miss you already...

No comments: