Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lately

Dear Abigail,
What have we been up to lately you ask??? Well...
Your BFF came up for a visit and it just so happened that it was my birthday weekend, so... You two made Whopper cupcakes for Mommy!
They were delicious, might I add! You two, of course, played a lot, and Sarah got to watch you play soccer, too!
On Monday after school, we headed to Munford!! It was Ash-ash's spring break, so since your school doesn't have one, we decided to make it our spring break, too! We did lots of fun things, starting with a little visit with your great-grandmother, Mam-maw...
And, as expected, you were being goofy most of the time! Clara Lee came with us and the two of you played outside on the playground and inside with your sister. But eventually, we sent Mimi home with Kate and Clara Lee and you and I headed to the most fun thing in the entire world, or at least one of the most fun things EVER. We went to Sky Zone! It's this HUGE building with trampolines every single where! Seriously, there are trampolines everywhere you look so you just jump, jump, jump! And we did! If you can't tell, I heart the trampoline as much as you!
Yep! That was your mom!! Oh, and you had fun, too!
Mommy also had to show off, I mean, show you how to do a back flip...
So, am I cool now, for a mom?
We also got to dunk the basketball, or at least try and come REALLY close!
What a blast we had, and what a work out! We WILL go back, I can promise you that. And I can't wait for one to open in Nashville (coming sooner than later I hope...)
After we exhausted every ounce of energy, we headed back to Mimi's house for the night but got up early the next morning and headed to the lake!!!! Woo-hoo!!! You were so excited about going to the lake. Every time we pass a body of water, especially if we're headed to Memphis, you yell "Look Mom, the Lake!" Somehow, we squeezed Clara Lee, Ash-ash, and Mimi in the car with me, you and Kate - barely! And your's and Clara Lee's bicycles! We stayed at Uncle Jay's parent's place which going forward we will just call "The Lake House" instead of Uncle Jay's parent's place, k? :) So, we made it to the lake house just in time for a nice lunch out on the back porch. Somehow, you were already filthy! PS - that shirt is still stained after using the extra strong Shout!
After lunch the two of you wanted to get on those bikes, so Clara Lee helped you put your shoes on...
You rode and rode, until you got frustrated because you were stuck and your lazy streak struck. Clara Lee had to show you how to stand up and push really hard on your petals and then you go again! You finally figured it out, although you still had a few lazy moments, but we're working on those. We also took the golf cart out for a little spin, which you loved, but I'm pretty sure you and CL loved honking the horn more! More bike riding and playing and then dinner and we all crashed to sleep. But the next morning, Uncle Jay got the boat all ready for you and me, so we could head out on the lake!!! Woo-hoo!! We, yes, both you and I, were super pumped about going on the boat, but unfortunately we had to leave that afternoon, but thankfully everyone was just as excited to get on that water for the first time this season and we were out there in no time!!
And look at your sister! This was her first boat ride EVER!! She loved it just as much as we did!
You even helped drive...
And enjoyed a little wind blowin' in your hair!
And, you had no concern that the water was FREEZING. You were on the lake, and you had to get in the water! Thankfully it was super hot on the boat, so it helped when you got out!
Soon enough though, we had to head back to home. We got home Thursday afternoon just in time for you to throw a huge fit and Mommy to leave to meet her book club! Thank goodness for books because I could not handle you and your tantrum that day... Friday we did our Mexican and Saturday you had another soccer game and then, the grand finale of the 'Spring Break'... wait for it.. You went to Chloe's house!!!!! Woo-hoo!!!! That's right, Saturday afternoon/night, we headed over to Chloe and Cole's house for some pizza and playing, and boy did you kiddos play! You also showed Chloe how to be a monkey, or well, do a flip on her swingbar thing on her play ground. You kiddos were great and it was a beautiful night, so Mommy got to hang with Miss Auburn while y'all swang, and ran, and kicked the soccer ball, and well, got into pretty much anything you could get your hands on! We are still talking about Chloe's house and you even asked if you could spend the night!! Ha! One day, but I'm pretty sure Saturday night was not the night, especially since it was super late by the time we left!
On Sunday, you and I went to Walmart. Now, the only reason I bring this up is because after the hour and half we were there, after I filled the cart up and forced you out of it, after I was exhausted from Walmart, and you, too, the Easter bunny made an appearance. That's right, right after we checked out, walking out the door, you started freaking out, like running up to me saying "Hold me, hold me" and I had no clue what was going on until I turned around and that bunny was coming right at us. I had to quickly turn around while grabbing you in my arms and tell that ole bunny to shoo off. He got the hint, but you were not convinced. And I had to carry you the whole way to the car, listen to you cry the whole time I loaded the car "Mom let's just go home now" and finally calm you down. Of course, if anyone asks you, you say "I waved at the Easter bunny but he scared me." No ma'am. There was no waving...
Sunday evening we grilled out and even got to eat outside on the back porch. Man alive we love that porch!
Monday brought on school, but that afternoon after picking you up, we headed home for a little baking!!! We were prepping for Easter brunch at our house...
And then on Tuesday we got all prettied up to go see the Easter bunny. I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW! But, we talked about it. I told you that your sister was going to go meet him and that you did not have to speak to him or even sit in his lap or even go near him, but that Kate was. And you did just that - did not get ANY WHERE near him! As a matter of fact, you stayed on the back of the stroller a pretty good distance away, to the point where the lady taking the picture went and got you not knowing you did not want to come near. I had to set her straight and of course calm you down. But, afterwards, I took you to Chick-fil-a, so that made you happy :)
We dyed Easter eggs on Wednesday (more on that once I write about Easter), and you've been playing with your sister a WHOLE lot!
You love playing with her and she loves playing with you. Sometimes, I think you just like someone in the same room with you because I'll leave the 2 of you alone in the playroom and you are off doing your own thing while Kate is playing with one of her toys, but if I go to pick her up you insist that you are playing with her. Don't worry, I'm not complaining - I love it!
So then, here we are on Thursday, where we took our first trip to the zoo this year! Ellie and Aunt Steph and Christopher met us there and it turned out to be a pretty good trip. We thought it might rain on us, but we were able to make it around pretty much the entire zoo before the rain started.
Of course you rode the carousel...
And they have a dinosaur exhibit right now, but we decided not to do that, since you made it very clear that you did not want to see that. But, they did have a pretend dinosaur to climb on...
A fun fun day at the zoo!!!
And afterwards, we headed to Sweet Cece's for a cool treat! While there, the rain started, or I should say, the storms started! We had to wait it out a bit, but that didn't seem to bother any of us. If you are going to be stuck somewhere, Cece's is probably the place to be! While there you said "We should tell Mimi we're here" so we did...
And here we are! So THAT'S what we've been doing lately!!! Can we say "fun"????!!! Love you Abs! Hope you had a fun "Spring Break" that lasted longer than a usual spring break :)

No comments: