Thursday, August 1, 2013

Abby Week

Dear Abigail,
It's Abby Week!!  What's that mean, you say?  Well, Kate went to spend the week with Mimi to get some one on one time with her, so it was all about YOU this week!  What a blast we had, too.  It is quite a different world without a 1 year old.  We missed her dearly, but I loved our week of you.  Here's the fun we had...
Things started off awesomely on Sunday.  Mimi and Kate left, and you decided you wanted to retake that dreadful swim test.  Mommy was a nervous wreck, but I tried not to show it and instead encouraged us all to go (me, you and Daddy, that is).  So we headed up to the Y, even though there were clouds in the sky and it was a bit yucky looking.  Well, we got there and they said that the pool was closed for the next 10 minutes because the lifeguard saw lightening.  We said we'd wait, but right then another life guard came in and said she just saw it again, so they'd have to wait another 30 minutes (it's their policy - see lightening, pool closes for 30 minutes).  We decided to head back home because we weren't sure it was going to get any better.  We waited a bit,  you and Dad started watching a movie, and then you asked if we could try again.  You were SOOO eager!  So, this time I got wise and called first.  The pool was open!!! So, back we went and off to the swim test area we go.  Now, I thought I was nervous - your daddy was sick at his stomach with nerves!  He told me all this afterwards, because at the time, I was just steadily watching you.  You just make me so proud.  You weren't nervous or anything.  You had all the confidence in the world, despite the fact that you did not pass it last time.  You jumped in, started swimming and kept at it.  I didn't take my eyes off you and even followed you all the way to the end, not making a peep though, because those are the rules.  You reached the end, pulled yourself out and I just stared, hard core at the lifeguard.  By the way, it was the same one that failed you a couple days ago.  I was NOT going to let her get away with making us believe you passed if you didn't.  Again though, she just looked at me, gave me no signal of pass or fail.  So I just yelled so everyone could hear me, including the lifeguard "Can you tell us if she passed?" and she just nodded her head signaling yes!  YES!!!! YOU PASSED!!!  Oh my gosh we were SOOO proud.  You were so proud!  We all jumped up and down and hugged and twirled!  Daddy was so happy (and relieved) and then it was time for the crowning ceremony, or well, time to get your wristband that makes you officially a swimmer at the Y!  
And boy did you swim!  You immediately ran to the slide and had to be told multiple times to stop running!
And then you hopped over to the rock climb and tried it a few hundred times!
Dad and I watched with smiles on our face.  It was so nice too that we could just hang out by the pool, rather than having to be in the pool.  This is the beginning of lots and lots of fun at the pool for you, as if we weren't having fun already!!
So this week was clearly off to a good start.  Also this week was Pioneer Camp.  Pioneer Camp is exactly what it says, a camp that takes you back to Pioneer time!  This was your first time going to that camp and you were sort of excited.  The only reason you were sort of was because you knew as soon as camp was over, you could go to Mimi's house so every time I'd say "are you excited" you'd say "Yes because I get to go to Mimi's house after camp."  Hmmmm...  I think after the first day, you changed your mind!  I dropped you off and you recognized a couple friends from Science Camp, but that didn't stop you from meeting new friends.  When I picked you up, you were very excited to show me your wagon (a big tent made of sheets) and introduce me to your Pioneer family, a group of 4 little girls about your age!  I knew their Mommy's from book club so it was nice to put names with faces.  And, after that first day of camp, we went over to one of your 'family members' house to swim.  Miss Jennifer (who had 3 kiddos in the camp) asked everyone to come over to swim after camp.  There were a TON of kiddos, but everyone had a blast.  We had pizza and fruit and you even found some cheetos to munch on!  Oh, and gatorade.  Mommy loathes that stuff but you love it.  It was quite a treat for you.  You kiddos swam and after a couple hours, we decided to head home, or well, run a few errands.
Tuesday was another day at camp and when I picked you up that day you told me that you had lots of money but then 'this girl' spent it all and you tried to 'shoot' for more money but couldn't get anymore so you didn't have any and all you bought was a rag.  Ha!  I had no clue what you were referring to so the next day I asked the other mothers with older kiddos.  Apparently everyone is given different jobs and you can barter or sell your items, or the vegetables you grow or paintings you draw, etc.  Well, one little girl had an older brother who kept selling her everything and she didn't realize she was losing all the money!  And then you can go hunting and try to get some meat to sell at the market (hence the 'shooting for money') but you didn't have any luck.  I later learned that hunting meant shooting water guns at targets and if you got the target, you got the deer, or duck, or whatever you were hunting!  Wow, very pioneer, huh!  After camp on Tuesday, we may have ended up at Sweet Cece's.  I know we did one afternoon, and I later learned that Mimi had promised you that if you stuck around for Pioneer camp, that Mommy would take you to Cece's!
After Cece's, around 4:30, we decided to head to the pool.  It was awesome.  You were so excited to just walk up and get your wristband and then slide and slide and slide again.  You met a friend (you always meet a friend at the pool!) and even told me you were teaching her how to swim so she could get her wristband.  When I asked if you were ready, you said no, so I texted Daddy and told him it was Abby week so we would be eating pizza for dinner, so, we did!  You also got to stay up later than usual for Abby week, although not too late because you were exhausted from the days activities.
Wednesday was another day at camp and afterwards we took another dip in the pool!  So awesome that we can just skip home, throw our swimsuits on, and skip to the pool.  After the pool, we headed home for showers and headed out again!  Never stopping, ever!  We went to the sporting goods store and you picked out some new cleats for soccer and then we met Ryan and Miss Leigh and Jake at Panera for an early dinner.  We had a surprise for you all!  After dinner, we headed over to Pump It Up where they had a special event going on.  Everyone got to bounce for $5! Woo-hoo!!  Of course, you did little bouncing and instead showed off your climbing abilities! 
There was some bouncy, and lots of running, and a whole lot of laughing from you and Ryan!!  I couldn't get you two to sit still long enough for a pic!



Eventually, you were able to use your persuasiveness and convince Ryan to try the wall climbing!
Even Jakie wanted a go!!
Thursday was the last day of camp and when I asked if you were sad you said "No, now I can go to Mimi's house!"  But you still were excited about camp.  I got to come to the backyard to see how you pioneers lived.  Here you are at the trading post, with your horse, named Abigail, appropriately :)
I'm not sure what post this is, but you insisted on showing me your swinging capabilities, as if I didn't know...
Here is where you did laudry, maybe, or maybe you just hung from the trees.
And you would ride your horse to the stable and give it food and water!
You clearly had a blast at camp and can't wait until next year!  Since it was still Abby week, Mommy asked what you wanted to do and you begged for a friend to come over.  Well, instead you got TWO friends over!  You asked if Chloe and Cole could come over and since they were in the middle of moving/packing, I thought that would be a great idea! You were making me laugh though because I told you I had to ask their mom but you wanted an answer right then and kept asking "Can't we just drive to their house and ask them?"  Finally (a whole 5 minutes later, all in the ride home from camp), Miss Auburn texted back and said they could!  They/You were VERY excited.  You would have thought I just said we were going to Disney World from the reaction all 3 of you had!  We chatted it up for a minute or 2, then headed straight to our house where the fun began.  You three played upstairs for quite a long time, jamming out to music.  At one point Cole asked if he could just stay downstairs because his ears were hurting!  You were introducing Chloe to your favorite songs such as California Kingdom and Just Give Me a Reason, which, well, probably aren't the best songs but at 4 you really don't have a clue what they are talking about and there are no cuss words, so I've decided not to worry too much with that.  Anyway, off on a tangent there - so you all had a blast and eventually made your way outside for some fun!


This just tripped me out because Cole was taking his job as chauffeur so seriously.  And you girls in the back were just relaxed as can be!  Everyone was dying to take the contraption on the road so I walked along with y'all while we cruised the neighborhood.
Later, after the sun blared on us enough, we popped some popcorn and watched a movie in the media room.  You may have had a few whoppers, too :) Sadly, we had to take them home and while you asked both if they could spend the night and you could with them, we had to tell them goodbye.  We were meeting Daddy for dinner at Chuy's, which went very well, but it was very clear by the time we got home, that you were exhausted from Abby week.  Bedtime was not pleasant, and it usually is very pleasant and easy.  You wanted to watch TV before bed, which we rarely do, and I thought it was too late but I gave in and let you watch 15 minutes.  Well, then you wanted a special treat.  You had already brushed your teeth and everything, so no way were you getting something.  Well, that just sent you over the edge.  I then told you, in a some what stern voice, that you had to come to bed right now or I was not going to put you to bed.  You were NOT happy with the ultimatum and got very upset that I 'yelled' at you, so the tears steadily flowed, but you did come up to bed.  I was laying with you when I noticed you actually weren't in the bed, so, again, I yelled at you and for reals this time.  Well, you would not hug me and wanted me to just lay with my back to you.  I could hear you sniffling and a little bit of whimpering.  Finally, when rolled over and saw you were sitting up in bed, just crying.  I asked what was wrong and you just cried even more.  I couldn't get anything out of you!  I finally asked if you just didn't want to talk about it and if you'd rather I just hold you and you said yes.  So, you laid in my arms, and cried yourself to sleep.  Now, Mommy was a little wigged out because I could tell something had you upset, but I did not have a clue what it was.  Yes, I contributed a lot of it to lack of sleep, but there was definitely more to it.  I decided to just let it be and if you wanted to tell me, you would tell me.  That's not to say I didn't freak out to Mimi and Daddy!  I even snapped this picture because it was such a genuine moment, where my little girl just needed her moms hugs.  sniff, sniff...
Well, the next day nothing was spoke about it.  We headed to meet Mimi and Kate and Ash-ash and Clara Lee all at the lake.   At some point on Friday afternoon, Mimi came to me and said she found out what had you so upset.  You told Mimi that you got mad at Mommy and wished you didn't live with me, but then you realized that you didn't want to not live without Mommy and thinking about that (living without Mommy) made you very sad.  HOLY COW.  A little too deep for me, to say the least.  And then you said you didn't want to tell Mommy about it, so that's why you just let me hold you.  Baby girl!  Mommy won't let you live without her, ever!  Mimi told you that you always need to talk to someone when things make you sad because they can help you not think about it.  Anyway, all that said, I don't think you will be doing anymore mean wishing!  Such a sweetheart.
So, like I said, we went to the lake and surprised Clara Lee!  She was genuinely surprised when we pulled up and you jumped out of the car!  You two did your typical troublesome playing, including pouring baby powder all on the bedroom floor and lotion on the walls, and also did your typical staying up VERY late.  Pic-pic and Uncle Jay joined us along with Jesse and 2 of his friends.  You were very scared of Jesse because he always teases you and says he's going to 'lock you in the bedroom' but Mommy and Mimi set him straight so he just teased CL the whole time.  Like, the whole time!
Pic-pic was nice enough to let you two hang on him, though!
On Saturday, we eventually made our way to the boat and what a boat ride it was.  At first it was not so  pretty, but eventually the sun popped out and we had a good day on the water!
Uncle Jay even let us stop by Goat Island! 


I'm not sure what's going on here, perhaps naps??  Nah! Actually, I do think both of you fell asleep for a little bit.  
We always have so much fun on the lake with this crew and it ended up being dark by the time we actually got off, so we decided to just eat out for dinner.  By the time we made it home, I think we all were exhausted and crashed shortly there after!
Sunday morning came and after a yummy breakfast, Mommy and Katie bug said our goodbyes to you for a whole week.  You were off to Mimi's house all by yourself!!! Well, actually, you went to Clara Lee's house but you told Mimi "Just one night at CL's house then the rest at yours!"  We'll see about that... 
Love you!

No comments: