Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Dear Abigail - What a long weekend. We started off the weekend hiding in safe zones at the mall, but it only got better from there! Friday night we ate our usual Mexican with our usual group (minus Lee & Leigh & baby Ryan). We/I was sooo excited about how well you were behaving and how well you had eaten dinner at Mexican. You ate all of your apples and chicken and that gets me super pumped. Everything was going great, then you decided to grab mommy's paper napkin and bite off a chunk. Well, I knew what was coming next. I won't get too graphic, but you started gagging and I started freaking, and well, Miss Erin had to go get Mr. Jay's jacket out of the car for mommy to wear because your apples & chicken ended up ALL over her! But, you didn't choke, and you were happy go lucky right after! We all were sent over the edge with that though - thank goodness we were at Mexican (i.e. margaritas, which I will tell you about when you are 34). So this past week, you've had trouble sleeping all night like you usually do. You keep waking up every hour on the hour it seems, and the only way you will go back to sleep is if I pick you up and hold you. Now, the second you hit my shoulder you are asleep. The crazy thing is, you don't do this for daddy - but instead scream and scream and scream. It's getting a little hurtful to daddy, and well, I need to get back to sleep, so if you could just go back to your old ways, we'd much appreciate it. So to say the least, you were trouble Friday night. Saturday was even better... Saturday day you and me got the house all situated for our big Easter lunch while Daddy and Uncle Jay-bee fixed the outside of the house all up! That night, mommy and daddy did something crazy - we watched you AND your cousin Ellie - who is 8 weeks old at this point! I have to say - your little cousin showed you up. She was a perfect angel and just slept the whole time. You, my precious peanut cup, did not! Once again, you wouldn't sleep so mommy just held you the whole night, or well till midnight but then you just woke up bright and early ( we spent the night at Ellie's) so we headed home at 6!!! Oh we wish you'd get back to normal. Are your teeth bothering you? Mimi seems to think so. daddy seems to think you are a genius and know the difference between me and him and that you just test me. Which one is it? I sure don't want to let you cry it out if your teeth hurt (or I should say the becoming of your teeth because you do not have any just yet missy!!) SO - it's Easter - and oh what and Easter. Your Auntie Amy and UNcle Martin and the kiddos all came and Papa came and of course Uncle Jay-bee and AUntie Steph and Ellie. We had a big meal, but you slept through it all - NO COMPLAINTS - it was your nap time and somehow you slept through all the noise! Soon after we hunted easter eggs and Spence-a-rooni found the golden egg. Tears were shed by the others. The boys played cornhole and the girls played with you (and Papa - he loves you to death but I think you might be scared of his beard!!). You played with your easter basket and we all tried to make you crawl. you were so close today. We all saw it and some of us are claiming it was a crawl. I am still looking for it though - i need consistency! K - daddy's exhausted on the couch and snoring, I need to send him to bed!! Love you - please sleep well tonight...

1 comment:

curtis crowd said...

I am so impressed with you. your are doing a great job of blogging. i have a notebook I have kept for blain since he was born(well now there are several). there was no blogging 13 years ago. sometimes when i get down i go back and read all of them. i laugh, cry and sometimes wonder what was i thinking. keep up the good work.