Friday, April 10, 2009

I've been inspired...

Dear Abby - Okay, so it has been awhile. BUT... I've been inspired. Yesterday we went and visited Miss Auburn and Chloe and Cole (two of the cutest kiddos!) and she talked about having a blog and how she writes in it, and i thought, you know, if she has 2 kids (2 and under) and has time to do this, then I should too. Therefore, I am committed to writing at least weekly. After reading Miss Auburn's, I think the key is keep it short and sweet. And I'm not worrying about grammar and stuff!! I just want to keep a blog of you, Abby!
So, yesterday we had such a fun day at the Kizer's home - lots of poopy diapers and LOTS of talking, from the adults that is. Today - that was another whole adventure. Aunt Steph and Ellie met us at the mall to visit the Easter bunny. We got some lunch and had just sat down to eat when an announcement came over saying that there was a tornado warning for the area. At first we were confused, b/c the announcer was a bit confusing but then some man walked by (a security person) telling us all that we were in a dangerous area because glass was all above us. So I spoke up and said 'well where are we supposed to go' - and well, we went to the 'safe zone.' Didn't know it, but there is a long long LONG hallway behind the stores of the mall that is 10 feet underground and has 6 feet of concrete all around it. We got the strollers and our food and headed that way. We ended up staying in this concrete hallway for and hour and a half, if not more! THANKFULLY, and I cannot stress this enough, you slept the entire time. Well, I think you woke up maybe 10 minutes before they let us go. Apparently it got a little serious outside, but we were safe in the 'safe zone.' Ellie did just perfect too - she slept, then ate, then slept!! Finally, we got out and we immediately got in line for the Easter bunny. You, my baby girl, were adorable, and I have the cutest picture to prove it! No crying at all. Just grins the whole time. After the Easter bunny Aunt Steph and Ellie and the two of us shopped a little and then we headed home - you were getting a little tired of the mall by this point - we all were. And low and behold, the sun was shining when we went outside. What a crazy weather day! Tonight - it's another Friday night of Mexican!! Love you baby girl!!!!

No comments: