Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Beach - days 3, 4, 5,6 & 7


Dear Abigail - You are such a clever one, my sweet, smart baby, you! I know what you were doing, you were setting me up. You were making things as bad as they could be, getting my expectations so far down for the remainder of the week, then BAM, anything you did, even the slightest bit good, you were praised for it. I don't care - I'll take it. Here's the deal, after that terrible terrible first day, Sunday morning really, you became the perfectest angel. You got a good nap in Sunday afternoon, and after that, you started loving the beach, loving the pool, loving life again! You started sleeping good at night, taking decent naps, and making mommy & daddy's life on vacation so much better - like i said though, maybe it was just that things weren't as bad as that first day. Nonetheless, the vacation go so much better!!! Let's see... Sunday afternoon, we all got to hang on the beach together. You and Ryan got in the pool on the beach while Ellie took a little nap.
If I recall correctly, Sunday night was a little tough with you going to sleep, but nothing like the first night. Actually, Daddy and me let you get in the bed with us for a little bit, probably more than I should share on this blog because someone may yell at me - but you know what, it worked and you slept, and that meant I slept, and that meant we were all happy for the beach the next day! You had so much fun playing with Ryan, or at least playing with Ryan's toys. You were quite the active little girl and kept trying to touch both Ryan and Ellie. We also have to have a lesson in personal space with you - maybe this will come naturally with age, but for right now, you would crawl right up to them and just sit, right on either one of them. You also had a fun time with Mr. Jay - throwing magazines on the ground. He thought he could outlast you and keep picking them up & putting them back on the table, but little did he know you just keep on throwing them. The boys did a good job of setting up your toys at poolside, too, and you really like that! You loved your little float and almost fell asleep in it!

You also like when Ellie got in the pool with you - I'm not sure she liked you there though - once again, hopefully this will change with time.

You learned to say "mamamamamama" this week, and I just loved that. We really think you know who I am now, you even point - sometimes. And you loved clapping - all the time. Miss Erin would just look at you and you'd start cheering! We had such a good time with all of the group, babies and all. You turned out to be a pretty good beach baby. Let's see... you went shopping one day and we got you some new jammies (this pic was taken at home, but you are just so cute in them!!)


and you and Ryan looked so cute in your carseats on the way to and from shopping:

Let's see... you tried papaya for the first time - not sure you just loved it, but nonetheless, you tried it:

Oh, and you loved mommy and daddy's bed. You were quite funny, actually. Everytime we put you on it, you would look at us and take off 'running' to the pillows and just laugh and laugh and laugh. Then I would tickle you and it would get you giggling so much. It was my favorite time, the whole vacation. Even when I was laying on the beach reading while you and Daddy were at the house, napping! That is a close second though!! Once I figure out how to post videos, I'll put that on here. Here are some other pics though - we had such a good time and I can't wait to make many more vacation memories with you and Ellie and Ryan and all the rest of the gang!





No comments: