Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Father's Day

Dear Abigail - I know one day I won't have to tell you, because you will see if for yourself, but you have the best daddy in the world. He loves you so much. He may not know that I notice, but he lights up every time you enter the room. He even gets sad if you don't notice immediately when he walks in a room. He does such a good job with taking care of you, too - he's even better at putting you to bed than I am. Every morning, he gets to spend a special hour with you while Mommy goes to work. He makes sure to always put Elmo on for you, because he knows you love it. That's big, Abigail. I know he's dying to watch his Sportscenter, because he has it on in our bedroom, but he watches Elmo with you every morning! He also thinks you don't like using the same spoon for your fruit as you use for your veggies/meat. So, when he's feeding you a meal, he always comes prepared with 2 spoons! Whenever you are away (i.e. Memphis), he insists on a picture every day, just to remind him how pretty you are. Then he always gets concerned you won't remember him. How would you forget - he gets on the floor with you and let's you chase him around. Then he lets you put your paci in and out of his mouth, for hours if necessary!! I could go on forever baby girl, but like I said, you know this, you will know this. I am so happy for you to have such a special dad! Oh, and he never makes you wear shoes (as long as I am not around!!). Love you - kiss your daddy every night! He loves you too.

No comments: