Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend at home - the Good, the Bad & the Ugly



Dear Abigail,
We actually spent the weekend at home for a change; however, it was just as eventful as ever! Friday started off with quite the adventure for Mommy. Both Uncle Jaybee & Aunt Steph had to work, so Ellie came and played with us for a couple hours!! I was a little nervous at first, but you 2 are just far enough apart where and just close enough together where I could handle it. Thankfully you can crawl around and follow me everywhere, and thankfully Ellie is perfectly content sitting in her bouncy seat while I fiddle with you!! So it wasn't too bad. You both went down for your naps at 10, a little later for you but you loved playing with Ellie. Both of you went right to sleep, so Mommy had a few minutes to even clean herself up!! Yay for you two!! You were so funny with Ellie - you just thought she was so cool. You kept giving me these looks like "wow, Mom, this new toy you brought me is awesome." Then you'd get so excited you'd start poking her, or worse... One time I looked up and you were smacking her on the head as hard & fast as your little hand could go!! I screamed, which made the situation 100 times worse, then I promised Ellie she could do it back to you one day. Everyone was happy after a little TLC, and a paci! Here's a couple pics of the 2 of you, but it was REALLY hard to get these. Only because I, seriously, had to watch you constantly. You just loved touching her, oh, and taking her paci. Oh, and one time you took her bottle, which probably tasted a bit funny to you because it's not the 'formula' you are used to! I grabbed it quickly though, so I think you will survive!
I think you were teaching her how to read. That was very sweet of you. And she was very interested.


I was very proud of this shot, thank you very much. It took a lot of effort (and very strange animal noises) to get the 2 of you to look at the same time. And don't complain about no smiles, I did not have it in me!

This is an example of how excited you would get (i.e. hands would fly everywhere!)
So not only did Ellie come visit us on Friday, but Ms. Kristin and Jacob stopped by for some lunch and a little play date! It has been a long time since Jacob has played with you, and we both were so happy to see them! I know you won't remember, so I'll put this in here... Jacob had just started learning how to go to sleep like a big boy - like you, you know, how we put you in the crib and you just magically go to sleep. Well, Ms. Kristin had just started Jacob on the same bedtime routine, and it just so happen to be his nap time when he was at our house. We, being the southern hospitable young ladies we are, offered your crib for him to rest his head in. You weren't scheduled for another nap until 2 or 2:30 (that would have been 2 and 1/2 hours from when Ms. Kristin put him down). She told us there was nothing to worry about because his naps were 45 minutes, maybe an hour if we were lucky. Well... the second she said that I should have known. Do you know that that boy slept until 2:30 AND Ms. Kristin had to go wake him up!!! It was the craziest thing. We couldn't have been happy for him, OR Ms. Kristin. Also, and don't tell Jacob 10 years from now, or any of his guy friends, but he needed a sleep sak because your daddy keeps it on like 40 below in this house, so Jacob had your cute PINK lady bug sleep sak on. he looked so cute in your pink crib with the sak on!! I would have taken a picture, but the second he was awoken, I slipped you in the sak and put you right in the bed. After that long day, you were ready for that nap!!! So all in all, you and Jacob didn't get to play too much, but that's okay - I'm happy we were apart of the longest nap in history :)
Friday night, we went to our usual Mexican and you behaved, although your boy Ryan sure does eat a lot better than you!!! Your attention span, well, is apparently like your mammas! although I am pretty sure I have never had issues with eating. Anyway, everyone came over after Mexican to our house and you kiddos were perfect. Every one of you went straight to bed and didn't wake up at all - and they stayed late!!! Well, Ryan may have woke up, BUT, in his defense, we had him sleeping in the laundry room, and, well, I may have gotten a little loud - like when we beat Sarah at trivia, I mean I beat Sarah at trivia :) One day you, too, will be a trivia junkie - it's in your blood.
SO... pretty eventful, huh - and it's just Friday. So that was the good.

Saturday morning you decided to sleep until 8. EIGHT!!! what?! Seriously, did you read your mommy and daddy's mind? I would have paid you a million dollars (that's a lot) to have slept to 8 that morning. You rock. So that was still the 'good.' Then... we all ate breakfast together that morning, kind of unusual, but it was Saturday. You had your typical cereal, and you also had apples & apricots. You've had it before, maybe not often, but before nonetheless. Well, you weren't being just hunky doory during breakfast and kept rubbing your eyes - but I assumed it was because you were tired. One of the time you rubbed your eyes, you got food everywhere, so I decided it was quitting time so I went and washed your face off. When I turned back around to you, your face was all blotchy, or well, right above your eyes. First thought was, oh, you just are rubbing them. But then... the bad struck. It was like someone turned on a switch - your whole face broke out in a bad bad rash. Little raised up bumps were popping up all over adn your face turned beat red, very very blotchy. I, of course, freaked out and ripped your shirt off and sure enough it was all over your little arms - bumps and blotchy and all. FREAKED OUT. My first reaction was to call 911, but I decided I needed to calm down a bit, and your dad decided that wasn't the best first option either. Then i thought, well I'm calling Aunt Steph, she's a nurse, a nurse anethistats at that (yeah, i can't say it or spell it) she knows everything. but Daddy made me call the actual doctor first. She didn't answer, so then I called Aunt Steph. She told me to get you some Benadryl - low and behold, that's what the doc said too when she finally called back! AND, it worked. Along with a 2 hour nap! You did wake up a little droggy, but the rash cleared up, and mommy's heart rate slowed. We still don't know what it was. Like i said, you had all that food before. But I'm keeping my eye on you sweetie - I'll never serve you another apricot if that's what it takes!
Saturday afternoon we went to some of daddy's friends house for a bbq and there were so many kids for you to play with. in just another year you will be running around with all of them! We can't wait.
On Sunday, we put together your new furniture for your playroom. It's supposed to be your birthday present, but I couldn't wait. So act surprise when you see it on your birthday! I shouldn't say 'we' - daddy really did all the work. But mommy played with you the whole time - which brings me to the ugly...
Member how I said you loved jumping on the chair and jumping OFF the chair. I knew our time would eventually come, dear girl. We were playing. I was picking you up and putting you over my head onto the chair. You get so excited, I should have known. Anyway, you jumped and all of a sudden i had this bad bad bad pain on my head, which was caused by something of yours. I wasn't sure if it was your head, or your mouth or what. I just know it hurt me, so I KNEW it hurt you. I couldn't tell where you were hurting though, so I just walked you around, trying to calm you down. I went and got Glowy, she seems to always help, and she did a little. But then, that's when I saw the Ugly. You were bleeding. I didn't know where, I just saw blood. On your shirt, coming out your mouth, on the paci I kept trying to get you to take thinking it might calm you down. I panicked - again. Daddy, thankfully walked in from outside right about that time and sat you down. We still couldn't find where you were bleeding, but we cleaned you up and the bleeding stopped. You didn't cry too long, given there was blood and all. Mommy, on the other hand, was a bit, well, frazzeled. But then I saw you smiling and playing with daddy, so all was well. I still think Daddy is secretly mad at me for making you bleed - he hasn't said anything, but i know him. He gets upset when Kitty has a little limp, so when his baby girl has blood - well... I'm sorry - you love playing on that chair though. I guess I could put you in a bubble??
Once we got you cleaned up, we put you in Daddy's favorite outfit and went to buy a lawn mower!


Quite the weekend little lady. this is what we get for staying home!!!! Don't worry, you're goign to Papa Robs and Mimi's this week/weekend!!!! Should have known, huh!! I love you, and I am so sorry about the teeth. We had such a fun weekend with just you and us - our little family!! Thanks for making us such blessed parents baby girl. Love you lots.

No comments: