Friday, June 10, 2011

Kate

Dear Abigail,
Well, it's official. Like for real this time. We have decided on a name for your little sister - Kate Westerman Clark. That's it! It's official. It's on the blog, so it has to be. As a matter of fact, it's SUPER official because I've already set up a blog for Kate - www.dayswithkate.blogspot.com. So for sure, for sure. Now, you may be asking "Why, Mom(because you like to call me mom these days...), are you making such a big deal about this being so official?" Well, my darling little girl/big sis, because I have changed my mind 3 times now!!!!! And with that, you've had to adjust to all the name changes. Well, all except for Peanut, which Daddy still insists on calling her and you sometimes do too. I started off with Elizabeth, and just when you started to call her "Lisbah" I decided that wasn't working, and Molly was a better fit. It took some time, but you soon adjusted to Molly, although you still throw in a "You gonna call her Lisbah?" every now and then. But, Mommy THEN decided Molly wasn't working either, and that Kate seemed to fit perfectly. I told Daddy and you and while Daddy accepted it (and liked it!) he did say I was not allowed to change it again, so that's another reason why it's official :) But you didn't seem to grasp the new name change and even though I say "I'm going to call her Kate" you say "No, you're going to call her Molly". But then... just today, you were looking at Kate's pictures on the fridge and you said out of nowhere "You're gonna call her Kate". YAY!!! You got it! So then that REALLY made it official, and then I decided to take the plunge by posting it (and creating Kate a blog!!).
I can't wait for you to meet your baby sister Kate. You are going to be such a good big sis! Love you little girl!!!!
PS - you keep telling me you are NOT a 'baby girl' so I told you I could respect that but that you will be my little girl forever!!! You accepted that. I hope future encounters are smoothed out as easy as that was!! xxxxoooo

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the name Kate! Very sweet. My niece has two friends named Kate so she nicknamed one Kit Kat Kate and I think that is the cutest name too for a nickname. Great Choice!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!!!! So cute and a great choice (remind me to tell you a story about it). Let's have a play date soon, and I can't wait to meet Kate! :)