Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Without You

Dear Abigail,
As I mentioned before, you are staying at Mimi's house for a whole week, by yourself! That means without Mommy or Daddy! You guys left Monday morning, and well, it's a little different around here. Sad at times, but Mommy & Daddy are making it. I thought I'd just give you a little insight into what Mommy & Daddy do differently when we are without our little girl for a whole week!!!

1. Immediately put the time out chair in a corner. :)
2. Went to eat sushi (even though I hate it...)
3. Saw a movie at the theatre.
4. SLEPT ALL NIGHT and even slept until 7:30 straight!
5. Organized outfits for you and Kate for the fall (yep, that's how I roll!)
6. Ate dinner A) past 6 and B) on the couch (this is how Mommy & Daddy had our meals pre 'family'. I will say, it felt weird...)
7. Slept all night AGAIN.
8. Got a pedicure and manicure at whatever time I wanted.
9. Saw another movie in the theatre.
10. Ate dinner out again, with Aunt Steph while Daddy ate sushi again, with Uncle Jaybee (did I mention Ellie's with her Nona all this week, too??!)
11. Slept all night AGAIN.
12. Can't even remember what I did on Friday day.
13. Went to a fancy, no kiddos allowed restaurant on Friday where we had to actually wait for a table for almost an hour!!! Now that my friend, is something we'll NEVER do with you, so feel lucky. But it did feel good to know we COULD wait an hour! And it was quite the delicious meal. Maybe when you're 12 we'll start waiting on tables instead of going to Mexican :)
14. Slept all night AGAIN.
15. Read a book while laying out by the pool!
16. Napped, a long time.
17. Went to a U2 concert!!!!!!!!!
18. Slept all night AGAIN!

By Sunday morning, I think Daddy and I were both ready to see you, despite the sleeping all night gig. We got up on Sunday and drove straight into Mimi's where you were running out the door before we could pull all the way up in the drive way. I think, despite the awesomeness times you were having with Mimi, you were ready to see us too!!!!
We missed you so much, but I'm so glad you got to spend a whole week with your Mimi. I know she loved it and everybody loved seeing so much of you!
Love you little girl!

No comments: