Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Week at Mimi's

Dear Abigail,
While I don't know exactly what went down hour by hour while you were at Mimi's for a whole week, I do know some highlights. I'm hoping your favorite Aunt Ash-ash will fill you in on a few things, especially when you stayed at her house, but for now, I'll make a little list of the activities I know you did, and maybe post a few pics that Mimi gave me!

You did a lot of swimming! As a matter of fact, you officially learned to swim without floaties and Emily was able to catch it on video. Now if only Mommy could figure out how to make that video get on this blog...

http://youtu.be/0dnFEdU-nCM

I think I may have done it. Or maybe I just posted a link that I will hope will work 10 years from now... Anyway, Mimi totally taught you to swim, and you loved it. Mommy and Daddy both were so proud of you, but Daddy got a little upset because he thinks you are growing up to fast. I don't blame him, but I still get so proud watching that video!

Let's see... I know you got some good playin' time with Clara Lee and Emily. Apparently both of them came over and you guys drove/rode the jeep all around Mimi's house. You, for some reason, refuse to actually drive the jeep, but rather prefer to just be driven...
and that includes the four wheeler...
And apparently Mimi just let's ya'll break all the rules. I'm pretty sure there is an age limit to the jeep (Emily), and I'm really sure there's a weight limit, but I'm positive you're not supposed to be chillin' on the roof of the car!!!!!!!!
And yes, that's Em on the phone and CL munchin' away on snacks. At least the snacks were pretzels...
It seems like you and CL had fun just about doing anything!
Apparently you and Pic-pic had some fun, too!

And you do a mighty fine impression of Pic-pic sleeping (specifically his snoring!!). Mimi said you did good with sleeping, too, in your own bed. She did say, though, that each night you'd sneak into the man cave and 'steal' a pool table ball and sleep with it. We don't question you and your tactics.
Oh, one day you and Mimi met Em and Ash-ash and CL at the water park. Mimi said the whole learning to swim thing came to bite her in the hiney because you had NO fear and did NOT want to wear your swimmies either. She really had to keep her eye on you, but she said you sure did have fun!


I cannot even imagine what this conversation is about...

Mommy was super happy to see this picture. It gave me a little confidence you were eating a little healthy and not just all Fruit Loops!
Speaking of eating - one morning, Friday, I think, Mimi decided to take you to the park super early, as it would get SO hot so fast. First though, she thought it'd be a great idea to go by McDonald's for breakfast. She sent me a picture via text with you about to dig into your Mickey D's breakfast plate, and about 1 minute later sent another text saying "Change of plans." I called to see what this change of plan was and, well, apparently out of no where, you got sick - like throw up sick, all over the table and booth and food and everything. Mimi, to say the least, was a little freaked out, and of course took you straight home and cleaned you up. The drama continued with 102+ fevers, lots of sleeping on your part, and lots of begging from Mimi for you to take your much hated medicines. We were all a little worried because the fever just didn't seem to want to move, but by that evening, you were perking back up and by Saturday it was as if it never occurred! We still are not sure what went down there, but some of us have a few theories. Daddy's includes something about germs from goats and Mommy thinks you are still allergic to eggs! We'll never know, and at the end of the day, Mimi took good care of you!!! So good, that she had you out watering her plants...
You even got to water a few of your own, too...
And apparently she had you watering Mammaws while you guys went swimming!
I bet there were a lot more adventures you and Mimi went on, and I pretty much guarantee you had a blast with each and every one of them! Mommy missed you that week, but I think we could make it an annual event, maybe bi-annual???? We'll see!!! Love you little mermaid!

No comments: