Tuesday, December 27, 2011

On the 5th Day of Christmas...

Our friends got strep throat.
Dear Abigail,
Oh man, I was so sad. On Tuesday, we were supposed to meet Mommy's good, good friend, Erin and her 3 little girls and hang out with them all day. We've had this planned since Kate's Sip n' See (so like November) and Mimi even had her doctor's appointment and errands to run scheduled for that day. It was going to be so much fun, catching up with my friend, watching you play with the girls, but on Monday afternoon, Miss Erin called from the doctor's office saying that poor Elizabeth had strep. She said we were more than welcome, but I quickly declined! The last thing I needed was any one of us getting strep, and she, of course, understood. I did tell her I was making her take a rain check though. So, with Mimi running errands, we were stuck at home by ourselves, oh and it was raining. Don't worry, at the last minute Ash-ash had a hair appointment she remembered so she brought Clara Lee over (and you, member you spent the night) that morning. So, me, you, Clara Lee and Kate. At Mimi's. It got interesting, no doubt. And no doubt the two of you are nothing but trouble! At one point you decided you needed to be a race car driver (i'm pretty sure because the outfit had M&Ms on them!) and Clara Lee needed to be an 'evil witch', although she looked rather precious vs the evil she was shooting for...
Oh, and yeah, you were jumping off of Mimi's couch, from the top. And then you two played Mommy and Baby, and then you were at a hotel, and then the hospital because CL was having a baby, which apparently was Punky, Mimi's cat. I was told to get out. I was important enough to stay in the delivery room...
You pulled every puzzle out and ate snacks and fought. A LOT. But you had tons of fun to make up for it. AND, we were able to get Mimi's house all straightened up by the time Ash-ash came to get CL and Mimi got home. Or at least all but the playroom. I think playrooms should stay messy for at least a day, right?
To make up for not getting to play at Ash-ash's house, she took you both home for the afternoon while Mommy visited with her friends The Bibbs. But somehow Ash-ash got the better end of the deal because you fell asleep at 3 and when I called at 6 to say I was minutes away she said you were still asleep!!!!! After my mini stroke, I told her to wake you up. I was counting on you going to bed early that night!!! We got home and had some dinner and, well, you didn't go to bed early, but finally by 8:30 you were asleep. It wasn't the day we had planned, but still just as fun! You are getting cousin overload this week, not to mention sweet overload, Mimi overload and sleep UNDER load!!! But "It's Christmas Niki", or at least that's what everyone keeps telling me :)
Love you crazy girl!

No comments: