Friday, March 16, 2012

The Bug

Dear Abigail,
No, I'm not referring to our beloved KatieBug. Instead, I'm speak of the nasty stomach bug that attacked not just our family, but the Grugett's, too. That's right, we live with the good, the bad and the downright ugly with our gang! Saturday night we went to Mr. Jay's and Miss EP's house to play and have dinner. Everyone was there expect Uncle Jaybee and Aunt Steph (and Christopher) because they had to go to another party, but Ellie got to go with us and spend the night. So we played and ate and headed home. On a side note, we tried, yet again, to get you and Ellie to go to sleep together, and, yet again, it didn't work! You girls!! So Sunday rolled around and everyone is happy as can be. We ran errands and played outside and even picked out patio furniture. Life was great. But Monday morning, I awoke with what we'll call 'stomach issues'. I went and told Daddy, and I quote "Something is wrong with me." But I figured it was just something I ate... Daddy went on to drop you off at school and on to work. I'd say about an hour later I realized it was much more than something I ate and warned Daddy that he may need to work from home. Shortly after that, Miss EP sent a text to Mommy asking if anyone else had "stomach issues" because both her and Mr. Jay were sick as dogs! At that point, I knew it was a bug. And about that time, Mr. Lee let us know that he, too, had the issues. Well, Daddy came home to say the least and I was able to nap for a little bit. However, I woke up to my phone ringing and when I looked, it was school calling me. Yep, you had thrown up on the playground. We headed to get you. As we headed, I text Aunt Steph to give her the heads up and low and behold, school had called her. Ellie had thrown up! AND, about that time, Erin sent a text that Grant had it too!! AHHHH!!!
Well, we got you home just in time for you to get sick on the outside stairs. We'll take that over the car any day. There were multiple more issues, some good (you made it to the sink), some not (there goes our new carpet), but at the end of the day, you went to bed and woke up happy as can be, as did Mommy! Unfortunately, Ellie did not, as she got sick in the middle of the night and, yep, Ryan woke up with it! It's now Friday and the only ones who did not get it are Daddy, Miss Leigh and the babies (Jake and Kate)! We don't know why, but I am ever so grateful that your little sister did not get it. I was so worried about that, and a little about your daddy, too :)
Like I said, the good, the bad and the ugly, we stick together!!! You were such a trooper with 'throating up' and were so proud when you'd make it to the sink. You also would immediately want food, but we realized after the fact that water is really all you needed!!
We're all better now, but what a crazy bug that was!!!
Love you!

No comments: