Friday, March 16, 2012

Thursday

Dear Abigail,
We had such a fun Thursday. We started off with gymnastics at 9:30 where I dropped you off and ran home and got ready. It's getting extremely hard to get ready by 9:00 with you and your sister! When I got back, you were so shocked that I went home. You kept saying "You went home and got ready?" and I'd say "Yep" and you'd say "But you went home and got ready?". I'm not sure why there was confusion, because I've gone to the store or gone to get gas before while you were in class, but it totally threw you off! Anyway, so after gymnastics, and seeing Chloe (which, on a side note, you ask me EVERY SINGLE TIME "Why isn't Chloe in my class?" and told me "Call me Chloe today" so I said "Okay. Hey Chloe." and you said "Hey Aunt Nicole"! HA! That made me laugh, but anyway...) So we left gymnastics and went straight to swimming lessons at the Y. Now, let me just give a little background info regarding swimming lessons. We've had 2 already and you've hated both of them. Miss Nancy (your teacher) told us to stick it out 2 more times, so after several long talks with you AND the bribe of eating at chick-fila AND a surprise from the store if you didn't cry, you actually were excited about going! You changed into your swimsuit, put your goggles on, and found Miss Nancy. Now, for a second there, you looked at me like I was giving you away, but Miss Nancy quickly mentioned toys and off you trotted to the pool. The last 2 times I sat where you could see me, so I decided to move a little further away so you couldn't see me at all (or me see you). Your class was over at 11:30 so about 11:20 I got up to change Kate's diaper and sneak a peek at you. Whoa! I couldn't believe what I saw. First off, it was a smile! Second, you were doing strokes and putting your face in the water and letting Miss Nancy let go of you!! What an improvement to nothing but tears the other 2 times! I stayed back, just in case and time went on. Next thing I know, it's 11:45 and you are still in your lesson, now jumping off the side! Seriously, on Tuesday you cried the entire time! Soon enough y'all swam to the steps and out you came, just happy and proud as can be. Miss Nancy said you were doing so well that she wanted to just keep going! You were so proud and Mommy, oh man alive was I super proud. Miss Nancy said you not only were 100% improved, but one of her better students. What a difference a little bribery makes. Good to know. Good to know... Regardless, I am happy to see you enjoy swimming again. I was getting a little concerned but it seems to be going just great now. You'll be making laps in no time at all!
So, after swimming, of course we had to go to Chick-fil-a! You played and played and ate a little too, and, of course, traded your book in for ice cream, but I didn't care. You deserved it no doubt. After a long playtime, we headed home to rest before venturing out to get a toy (yep, I didn't forget that, thanks to you reminding me a million times). Kate fell asleep on our way home, which was good, and I was hoping you would, too, or at least once we got home. But you didn't. Instead, Daddy's friends were in town, so you were entertained with them for a few minutes and after multiple Mickey Mouse shows it was obvious you weren't going to sleep. Unfortunately/fortunately, your sister was still asleep, so we weren't going anywhere. Of course, when she finally woke up, she had to eat and of course right about that time the bottom fell out of the sky. It started pouring. Hard. And it's also about 4:30 in the afternoon, which just means not a good time to head out into town. I tried my best to pursue you to wait including adding another toy to the pot, but you wanted the toy you earned and you wanted it today. I even tried to steer your attention elsewhere by taking a few pictures of you and your sister...
One sister has the posing down. The other can't sit still!!!
I thought I might have won because you started being little Miss Photographer, and did a pretty good job at it, considering you are 3!
But eventually you remembered, so, we got our rain boots on. We got our rain jackets on. And we got our umbrellas. We loaded Kate in the car and headed to Publix. Yep, that was our 'toy' store. I needed milk and a couple other things, so I thought why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone! Let me just tell you, your rain jacket works, for sure. It was raining so ridiculously bad. But, we made it in the store and dry. I got the couple of things I needed and off to the toy aisle we went. Now, let me just say, you put a lot of thought into your toy. First off you asked "What do I have?" meaning what are my options, and then proceeded to say "What else?" until I told and pointed to every single thing on that aisle. Then, you took multiple minutes walking back and forth, evaluating each option. Finally you narrowed it down to this random tube thing that you kept playing with and Cinderella barbie. I thought the barbie was a good choice and was willing to pay the overpriced grocery store amount because at least it was a barbie, but at the last minute, you remembered the 'jewelry box with sparkles' and there was no turning back!!!
After getting back in the rain and heading home, we unpacked the groceries and you got to work on making your jewelry box sparkly.
Soon after, we worked on making a homemade pizza for dinner! Yum! And soon enough later, we worked on bathing and getting our jammies on and getting to bed!!
A Thursday packed full of fun, huh!!!! At the end of the day, I'm glad I ventured out to get that toy. You deserved it and I promised it and what a beautiful jewelry box it is :)
Love you little swimming bee!!!

No comments: