Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mother Gothel

Dear Abigail,
Well, you have a new obsession and her name is Mother Gothel.  Yes, Mother Gothel, as in "Tangled's mom" or rather, Rapunzel's mom, or, well, the lady who kidnapped Rapunzel and claims to be her mom.  And Disney movies are rated G why???  Anyway, so you seem to think that Mother Gothel  came to our house and cut Kate's hair when she was in her crib. I'm 99.9% sure that you dreamed this, but you are certain that it happened and have told me a million times about it.  You are also genuinely concerned that Mother Gothel is going to come back and cut Kate's hair again.  I have tried and tried to assure you that it is not going to happen but we've shed many tears over the fear of Mother Gothel coming.  At one point I tried telling you that you dreamed it and you said that "No, it is true.  You were there and Mimi was there."  So I thought I could prove you wrong, or I mean, show you that you were dreaming, by calling Mimi and asking her.  Whoa - that was a mistake.  You screamed and begged me not to call Mimi and you caught me on the phone with her and about had a complete mental meltdown. I convinced you that it was Daddy, but you were still very concerned about not telling Mimi.  I still am not sure what that was about, but Mimi came up this past weekend and you still did not want to tell her but finally caved.  She assured you that if she saw anyone cutting Kate's hair she'd put an end to that immediately.  You, now, like to show me how Mimi will hit Mother Gothel on her hand if Mimi catches her cutting Kate's hair.  Not sure Mimi helped too much as you are still, to this day (a week later) convinced that Mother Gothel cut Kate's hair and, still to this day scared to death she is going to come back.  Sometimes you say "Oh, it was just a dream," but then at times if you hear a noise and you randomly say "Is that Mother Gothel??" and get super scared.  I don't know... I got nothing...
But, I did do something a little sneaky.  See, you've been chewing on your hair, as in putting it in your mouth.  Gag, right? So Mommy has been thinking that we just need to get your hair cut because I cannot handle you eating it, constantly.  BUT, thanks to you and your dream, I told you that if you put your hair in your mouth again that I personally will ask Mother Gothel to come over and cut your hair off.  Ohhhhhhh.  I know.  I'm totally going down as the worst parent ever.  But... It is working.  Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha!!  You haven't completely stopped, but it's not as bad and when I catch you in the act you say something goofy like "I was just showing you how long my hair was" or "I was just counting how many hairs I have." Uh-huh.  I bet you were.  Anyway, a couple fake phone calls to Mother Gothel and  you are scared out of your wits to put that hair in your mouth.  What can I say?  If I can't win (i.e. convince you it's a dream) then I might as well join it, right????
Even tonight at bedtime you asked if Mother Gothel would come in Kate's room and I said no because Kate doesn't chew her hair.  And then, to be a good mom I added that she isn't real and it was all a dream :)
I'll keep you posted on how long this obsession lasts.  Just keep the hair out of your mouth so we can all move on, k?!!!
Love you long hair girl!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

This is just about the funniest post I have read. No more chewing hair!