Monday, November 26, 2012

This Week

Dear Abigail,
Here's our week this week.  Monday morning brought on fun company.  Anna and Jacob came over for a play date and lunch.  You three played (and Kate, a little too before she went down for a nap) while Miss Kristin and Mommy got a lot of talking in.  It was rather nice, if I do say so myself!  After some yummy chicken salad and a pick from the left over Halloween candy (yes, that candy is STILL around! It's never ending!!) our friends left and we headed to Mommy's doctor appointment.  I only include this to mention how curious you were to me getting my blood drawn.  You stared hard, concentrating to make sure YOU didn't feel any pain from it.  I thought at one point you might pass out but you survived (and me, too).  After the doctor, I decided I'd take you through the toy store to get some ideas for Christmas, because honestly right now you don't really say anything.  When asked "What do you want Santa to bring you" you say "It doesn't matter what he brings me.  Let's just see what it is."  That's sweet and all, super sweet and all, but there are a lot of folks (Mimi and Mammaw included!!) who need to know a couple of ideas for you.  Well, 2 hours later (and a basket of things that  you didn't even seem to notice thankfully.  I don't think I'm going to be able to pull that off again.) and you now have a 'list'.  It consists of 1) a drum SET (I say set because you got a drum for your birthday but apparently you have moved on to the actual set).  2) a doll that looks like you and 3) a puppy that barks (that you already have.  and drives us crazy).  So I guess that's what I'm going to have to work with.  You still say "It doesn't matter what Santa brings me", too, so that just makes me smile! After shopping, we headed home and made some chocolate cupcakes and cooked a yummy supper together, then off to bed you go. Ahhh, if only it were that pleasant.  You were not being very nice to Mom that evening while I was trying to cook dinner and you got your phone taken away from you.  You'd have thought I said you were going away to boarding school.  Many tears later, and Daddy to the rescue, we DID finally make it to that bed, and all happy.
Tuesday you had school and guess what was at your school?  Turkeys!!!  That's right, a local farmer brought in 3 turkeys for your class to see and even pet.  When I dropped you off at school that day you said "Mom, I'm a little nervous about the turkeys."  That shocked me because a) I knew you were nervous, but didn't know you really knew what that meant and b) you told me without me having to tell you to tell me.  Ahhh, you are growing up.  Anyway, I assured you the teachers would keep the turkeys away from you if you wanted and when I picked you up, you were talking nonstop about those turkeys!! And then guess what, when we were getting in the car to head to gymnastics that afternoon, we saw a real wild turkey in our back yard!  You were nervous and started asking questions about if he was going to get in the car or on the trampoline, but I convinced you he would just fly away.  So now we are in full turkey talking mode, for sure.  I hate to tell you that we are going to be eating one of those turkeys in about a week.  I don't think you are making the connection :)
Wednesday morning we headed to ballet where I got to see the first sneak peek of your Christmas dance recital.  Oh my - you are way too cute.  After ballet, we headed home and enjoyed a nice day at home.
Thursday was your Thanksgiving at school, but instead of the traditional Thanksgiving meal, your school decided to do a pizza party, because who's not thankful for pizza!  Thursday afternoon we just hung out at home and did a little art project for the upcoming week...

Friday was a little tough for mom.  I went to the late night premiere of the last Twilight movie (which was AWESOME!) and got in really late, only to see that your sister was REALLY sick and up all night.  So Mommy had zero sleep, but after I dropped you off at school, we headed to the doc to get her  taken care of.  Thankfully Mimi was on her way up and while we didn't get to go to Mexican that night because Kate was just not feeling well at all, we did get to order pizza and hang out with Mimi.  You had Mimi overload because she was here Friday - Tuesday morning!  And of course you slept with her every single night!  The first night you asked Mimi if she'd bring you chocolate when she came up to bed and apparently you woke up the next morning, looked her right in the eye and said "Do you have my chocolate?"!!!  You also told her your favorite part of the day was waking up and seeing her.  I think you like your Mimi, to say the least...Why was Mimi here you ask?  Why to help decorate for Christmas, of course!  I know, I know, I know - it's WAY too early and normally we would wait until after Thanksgiving, but this year we were going to Munford for Thanksgiving and the weekend after Mommy is out of town and the weekend after that Daddy is out of town, and well, we have a few things in between that we need to have the house decorated for (more on that when it comes!), SO, Mimi came up to help me out.  And by help me out, I mean do it all.  Well, unless you count you hanging up a couple ornaments and climbing the ladder up and down and up and down.  But aside from that, and Daddy putting the tree together, Mimi did it all, like all all.  But she loves that sort of thing, and while I like to decorate a tree while singing songs with my family and sipping on hot chocolate, let's be realistic, that wasn't happening this year.  Your attention span is, well, short, and Kate, well, Mommy can't get much done with a baby in her arms.  So yeah, this year we let Mimi do it.  Next year, we'll try, but I'm sure I'll have Mimi back up :)
You enjoyed the boxes more than the actual decorating (and picking your nose...)



 It was a fun week getting prepared for a week off school and I can't wait for Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: