Saturday, February 16, 2013

Last Week

Dear Abigail,
Last week had some exciting happenings.  One of those happenings was Pancakes and Pajama Day at school.  If you couldn't figure it out, you are studying the letter "P" :)  You got to wear your favorite PJ's AND got to bring a stuffed animal.  At first, you were all about those frog pajamas, but then I reminded you of your matching pj's with Abigail, your baby doll and there was no turning back!!  
 I think you were a little sleepy that morning, or actually, you've been a little sick, but just a stuffy & runny nose.  I also braided both of your hair on the side.  Everyone was very impressed with the two of you!!!
And I think the day wore you out a bit...
 You also went BY YOURSELF to a friends house for the first time.  Caroline, a girl from school, asked you to come over and play one afternoon and help make Valentine cookies.  You were SOOO excited and I knew you would have no problems playing without me.  I didn't even get a good bye from you!  When I picked you up a couple hours later you were not happy about leaving and hid under Caroline's bed, but eventually I got you out, and you got to take cookies home with you!  Miss Aleah (Caro's mom) said when you guys were making the cookies, you said "Can I please make a few for my sister and mom and dad?"!! You are too sweet.  And they were delicious, too!!!
We also had some beautiful weather one day last week.  We took full advantage and visited the park.  You and your sister were both thrilled to be outside and both of you spotted a puppy that I had to drag you away from.  The owner was nice enough to let you throw a ball to the puppy over and over again.  We are going to have to get a puppy sooner than later, but I just need your sister to be a little more independent, k?
You of course found the monkey bars and had to do a little hanging...
 One day last week you took a nap, sadly, so I knew that meant you would be up later than usual that night, so instead of sitting around the house, just you and I went to the grocery store.  It was fun, but you are as bad as your dad wanting this and wanting that.  You did not understand that we stick to the list!!  I did let you venture off the list a little with watermelon.  I'm nice like that :)  You BEGGED for the watermelon and man alive I am glad I got it because you AND your sister devoured it the next day at dinner.  
 You also took it to school for lunch and Miss Amy said you talked about your watermelon all morning and were so excited to eat it at lunch.  Who knew a little watermelon would make such a day for you!
We also made oreo popsicles one day and man alive were THOSE delicious!!
Afterwards, you decided you wanted to make soup, so I let you.  You then decided, without me knowing, that you wanted to stack all your spices up like a tower, then put the flower on the tip top.  That wasn't going to work out well, but you didn't realize that.  Therefore, the mess came like no other...
 It was bad, and smelly, but you did clean it all up by yourself (or enough to be considered by yourself!!!).  Maybe we learned our lesson... Maybe...
A fun week and that's not all, that was just the school days!  The weekend was even more exciting!!!
Love you!


No comments: