Friday, February 8, 2013

Clara Lee's 4th Birthday!

Dear Abigail,
Clara Lee turned 4 and what a "fouresta" it was!  That's right, she had a Mexican themed birthday party  for her AND Nacho, her chihuahua, and man alive was it a blast!  As you can see, you were super excited upon arrival!  
 There were a ton of kiddos there and you had no problem getting right up in the middle of all the fun.

 Lots of the kiddos played hide and seek outside and then you took a break by painting maracas inside. You did take a little time out to take  few pictures, one with your sister and then one with Anna Beth, who you followed around for a good bit, asking to eat what she ate, asking to sit by her, etc.


Clara Lee was super happy to bust into her fancy sombrero hat birthday cake...
 And then it was time to bust into the biggest pinata you've ever seen in your life!!!!
 The birthday girl got a good swing at it...
 THen you took your turn...
 And finally one of the big girls ripped it open and all the candy went everywhere!!!
 Everyone enjoyed some birthday cake...
 

 And then there was lots more of running around, dancing, playing with toys inside.  THEN, the after party began.  You said good night to Daddy and Pic-pic (that's right, they left and YOU got to stay up late!!)...
 And late is an understatement, girlie!!  You girls played and played hard and eventually decided to put on pajamas, but that didn't stop you from having a blast!
 Mimi tried to get you all to go to sleep, but none of you were interested and preferred to snuggle in the barn with Mimi!


Eventually, it WAS time to go, and, well, it wasn't pretty.  I knew you did not need to spend the night, but I also knew it was not going to go down well with you, or Clara Lee for that matter.  You were SOOO tired, too, so that didn't help.  I have to say, while it was pretty ugly, I was very proud of you.  You did yell at me, but it was you yelling "Mommy, I am so angry at you."  "I am very angry."  "I am so angry Mommy I'm never talking to you again."  But you never threw a fit and just kept telling me over and over again how you were angry, the whole way home.  I say I was proud because you didn't show your anger, you just told me, which is AWESOME to me.  Seriously.  I like that you tell me how you feel, and you did such a good job not reacting on that anger, too.  Mimi and I couldn't help but to laugh, a lot, on the way home.  And yes, within seconds of laying your head down, you were asleep!  But what a great party it was!  You always have so much fun at Clara Lee's and when a birthday party is involved it's just multiplied with fun!!!!  Happy 4th Birthday Clara Lee!!!! 
Love you sweet 'angry' girl!!! 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So funny about Abby being angry. Evie gets angry too! These girls have lots of personality. Cute pictures and what a fun theme for a party!