Monday, March 4, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Dear Abigail,
Another great Valentine's day, in that bag!  You had school on V-day and guess what that means, a party!!!  Mom and Kate got to come, too and you welcomed us with open arms!!  

 You were pretty excited to hand out and receive valentine's from each of your friends, to say the least...
 This year, Mommy got a hold of a few pinterest ideas (I sure hope it's still around when you start reading these things!!) and we made these for each friend in your class...
And then gave Miss Amy and Miss Denise these...

You did a great job of writing your name, which is all the teachers wanted from each of you!
And, to make the party even more fun, you got to make ice cream sundaes!!!!
 And even shared with your sister!
 You played for a bit afterwards, but then we headed home for a little rest time.
 That afternoon/evening, we did our traditional Valentine's Day dinner - ate Indian!  Mommy LOVES some Indian food and it seems like we only make it there on Vday, but I think we've got to start going more often.
We decided to try a new place, Bombay Bistro, which turned out to be a little nicer of a restaurant than we thought would be okay with 2 kiddos on Valentine's day.  But that's okay, because it was early enough AND you both were pretty good, other than the entire glass of wine you spilt on my lap.  Daddy had hit some traffic so we were patiently waiting and, well, your arm hit the wine and next thing I know, I'm soaking wet.  Oh well, another glass was poured and soon enough we were stuffing our face.  Mommy and Daddy both like spicy food so of course we order things a little on the spicier side.  I guess we don't realize how spicy we like things because you took a bit of mine and you would have thought you were shooting fire out of your mouth.  It was pretty funny, I have to say.  You took a bite and were shaking your head as in "Oh, yummy, I do like this" then the fire hit and you jumped out of your seat and started guzzling your milk.  You finished that and jumped into Daddy's water and when that was finished you started throwing the mac n cheese we ordered for Kate into your mouth!!!  Finally, well maybe eventually is the better word, you did settle back down, but you refused to try anything else there that night!
After we left, we headed to a new ice cream shop.  Well, it's not new, but it's new to us because we had not been.  Man alive, was it not the best tasting ice cream I have ever had. Seriously.  We went at the right time, too because they had Samoa (the girl scout cookie) ice cream, which he hand makes only once a year, when cookies are sold!  Oh my, delicious.  You and sister loved it, too :)


 Daddy had to pull me away from there.  The guy kept asking me to try different flavors and I was not about to walk away from that!  SOOO good.
After dinner, we headed home and all slept very well that night with full bellys.  A lovely way to end a love day :)
Also at dinner, we did our annual interview of "Things I Love".  Here are your answers this year.  Check out answers from last year, too!


1. What is your favorite color? pink.  Sparkly pink.
2. What is your favorite toy? Kate!
3. What is your favorite fruit? Watermelon
4. What is your favorite TV show? Doc McStuffins
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Peanut Butter and Jelly (same as last year!)
6. What is your favorite outfit? Earrings - and no, your ears are not pierced.  I have no idea where this came from!
7. What is your favorite game? Hide and Seek!
8. What is your favorite snack? Chocolate - shocker...
9. What is your favorite animal? Mommy.  Now, I have to interrupt this little interview to tell you a story.  So, I found this answer, surprisingly, awesome.  Why you ask?  Well, in the 2nd grade, we were studying Mammals in class and, therefore, animals.  I was so proud of myself for knowing that we were considered animals, so I raised my hand and yelled out "Hey Miss Monroe, you are an animal!!!" and then Jason something or the other yelled out from behind "Yeah, and an ugly one, too!".  We both got sent to the office for that and I was so angry because I WAS RIGHT, She was an animal.  But Dr. Jewel didn't seem to care and Mimi probably yelled at me or something.  Anyway, so when you answered "what's your favorite animal" with Mommy, that just made my day.  And I would never yell at you for calling me one.  Well, maybe if it's in an angry voice :)

10. What is your favorite song? That song you sang at Ash-ash's.  K, so yeah, Dad is my witness, this was your response.  What song you say?  Why of course the song I sing karaoke to any time a microphone is offered - Total Eclipse of the Heart.  You know how to go straight to your Mommy's heart, don't you!  
11. What is your favorite book? If You Give a Pig a Party
12. Who is your best friend? You.  Wait, Clara Lee.  ( I could have just said 'you' but decided that I'd be okay being replaced so quickly).
13. What is your favorite cereal? Mommy's cereal (oatmeal squares - same as last year!)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? playground
15. What is your favorite drink? Sprite. then Diet Coke.  Then chocolate milk.  I'd say the latter is your fave considering you have never had the other two...
16. What is your favorite holiday?  Snow Day!  I thought that was pretty funny, too.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Mommy.  yep, it is.  always.  every night.
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? I already told you Mommy!!! (see question #13!) This too was the same as last year.  Maybe we should change that question next year...
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Cake!
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?  A lovely princess!

Too funny girly!  While we were at it, we made Daddy answer questions, too.  Here's his responses:

1. What is your favorite color? Orange
2. What is your favorite toy? IPad
3. What is your favorite fruit? watermelon
4. What is your favorite TV show? Parks and Rec
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Sushi
6. What is your favorite outfit? Jeans and a sweater
7. What is your favorite game? Corn Hole
8. What is your favorite snack? Starburst
9. What is your favorite animal? Kitty
10. What is your favorite song? I don't want to be a player (yeah, no clue either)
11. What is your favorite book? Lord Of the Flies
12. Who is your best friend? Uncle Jaybee
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cherrios
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play corn hold
15. What is your favorite drink? whiskey (that's code for milk Abs)
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Mommy! (I'm super popular at bedtime, huh!)
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Bacon
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Steak
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A writer

We didn't make it to Mommy, but I decided to just write it in...

1. What is your favorite color? green
2. What is your favorite toy? kindle
3. What is your favorite fruit? pineapple
4. What is your favorite TV show? Downton Abbey, but it just went off, so now Walking Dead.  A wee bit different.  
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? well, from the things we actually eat for lunch, my fave is Chicken Curry Soup
6. What is your favorite outfit? anything with my black leggings
7. What is your favorite game? blind pictionary
8. What is your favorite snack? chocolate covered pretzels.  but costco quit carrying them.  thankfully
9. What is your favorite animal? monkey!!
10. What is your favorite song? All the Single Ladies (b/c it makes me dance, and you sister too!)
11. What is your favorite book? Recently, The Glass Castle.  Or maybe Little Bee.  
12. Who is your best friend? your BFF, Sarah.  
13. What is your favorite cereal? While I should put something healthy, Cinnamon Toast Crunch is the winner!
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? ride bikes with you.  
15. What is your favorite drink? i don't drink it often, but if i could, i would - chocolate milk! 
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, but Valentine's is coming in at a close 2nd!
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? my kindle.  and phone.  more so my phone.  
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? pancakes!! or wait, donuts!!! 
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? probably indian, but since we just had it, most likely pizza.  
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? a singer

Well there we have it.  All our favorites.  Another great Valentine's Day love!! Love you lots and lots and lots and lots. XXXXOOOO.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I loved the interviews! Did y'all go to Glazee? It's our favorite! LOVE that place - Cream Cheese Cinnamon is my favorite!

NC said...

Yes, Glazee! SOoooo good. I cannot believe I had never been. We will be back, soon!