Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Camp Mimi/Farm Camp - Week's 3 1/2 & 4+

Dear Abigail,
I picked you up at Science Camp at 12 and we headed straight to Mimi's.  Well, not really.  We headed straight to Mammaw's.  Aunt Lizzy and Emery and Sarah were in town and I wanted to say "hello" to them before I left.  It was the quickest hello, and a very casual, quick good-bye to you and your sister, too!  Within 30 minutes, I left for the airport and you and Kate were officially at Camp Mimi's for 12 days.  Well, it should probably be called Camp Mimi/Ash-ash/Aunt G's and Farm Camp!  You bounced from house to house, enjoying every stop.  I was able to Face Time you most days, and Mimi sent a few photos to me throughout your stay, but here are a few pics I got from Mimi and Ash-ash.  I think the very first day/night, everybody, and do I mean everybody, went to Ash-ash's for a slumber party!  This is the crew that spent the night, minus Katie-bug.  Told ya everyone!! 
Another exciting thing was that Uncle Jay's goats had babies and guess what, they named one of them after you!! This here is Miss Abby.  From what I was told, and just by looking at the picture, you were loving holding this baby goat.  You love you some animals!  This is by far one of my favorite pics!

And I'm not sure what this goat's name is, but clearly you have found some love for him, too!
This actually may be my favorite pic :)
Uncle Jay took everyone for a spin on the gator....
And then apparently took you for a little ride on the four-wheeler.  Not sure Mommy's too crazy about you riding back there...
I much prefer you driving!

Lots of fun at Ash-ash's house, for sure. 
Another day, everyone went to the waterpark in Ripley.  Again, based on the pics, I'm gonna say you had a blast! 



Ash-ash, or maybe Mimi, got all of you matching bathing suits.  One thing I noticed in all the pictures that were text to me was that you were not wearing anything that I sent!  Just for the record, this bathing suit may have stayed with Ash-ash.  Mommy thinks it shows just a little too much skin for your precious little body.  You are going to hate me in 10 years :)
Cousins!!! 
Another event was Hayden's 5th birthday party - a Pool Party! You were in hog heaven!
These pictures trip me out, too!  I'm not sure what exactly was going on, but it appears you are chasing Clara Lee, or trying to sneak up on her, then blow water in her face.  And, from the pics, I'm gonna say CL wasn't too crazy about this game :)



You found Emily's shoulders...


The next week, you got to go to Farm Camp at the school Ash-ash teaches at.  I don't have any pictures from this, but you matched CL every day!  (CL and Emily both went with you).  From what you told me, you loved Farm Camp and your favorite part was when you got to shear a sheep.  You also talked about the tractor you got to drive.  You have turned straight into a country girl! 
You spent some time at Aunt G's too, but may never go back, or at least run around their back patio.  Mimi sent me a picture of a splinter you got in your foot and man alive, it was HUGE.  I knew it was going to be an issue to get it out of your foot, and, indeed, it was.  They tried for a bit, then took a break, then decided to just hold you down and pull it out.  SO... Pic-pic held you down while Aunt G did the surgery, I think, maybe vice-versa, but anyway, you screamed a whole lot but after 5 minutes, it was over and you were back to your normal self.  So far, no mention of said splinter, so hopefully it won't be too traumatizing.
There were lots of sleep overs and lots of playing outside, swimming at Clara Lee's grandma's house, swimming at Aunt G's and just hanging out with all your cousins.  I have no doubt that you had a blast and probably didn't miss me much at all! 
 
 
Finally, on Monday night, you and Kate and Mimi headed to the airport to pick Sarah and me up.  I was SOOOOO excited to see you and missed you so much!  
Love you like crazy silly girl! 

No comments: