Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tooth Number 3

Dear Abby,
Yep, that's right, you lost your 3rd tooth, and I tell ya what, that 4th tooth isn't too far behind!

 Here's the low down on tooth #3.  You and Mommy were getting things ready for your birthday party and were playing "Blindfold, spin and find" - yeah, we kind of made it up, but anyway.  You were spinning around with a blindfold on and were trying to find me by my voice.  Well you found me and acted like a tiger or something and went "Roooooaaarrr" and acted like you were biting my belly.  I didn't think much of it, but you ripped the blindfold off and started wiggling your tooth.  I immediately notice how lose it is and was just about to say "Wow that's lose" when I looked to the right of that wiggly tooth and saw a big gap!!!! I scream "OH MY GA!!!" and you said 'what' and I said 'your tooth is gone'!!!!  I then tried to reign it back a bit because I didn't know what your reaction would be, but thankfully it was nothing but excitement!!!  You screamed and jumped up and down then we panicked because we didn't know where the tooth went!  Thankfully it was just on the floor, so we continued with the screams of excitement.  It was so random.  We didn't really even know that tooth was lose!  And the one right beside it is just as loose!!   We surprised Mimi by Facetiming her and saying "Notice anything different" and she was just as shocked as we were.  Then when Daddy came home we did the same thing to him!!!  You were VERY excited about the tooth fairy, as well, and sure enough, that sweet fairy left you a golden coin!!!
Ironically enough, you had a dentist appointment that following morning.  I was kind of glad, just to make sure that this was all normal (i.e. you losing a bunch of teeth so early!), and, while it's not necessarily normal, Dr. Yerzerski assured me all was well.  He even said that other tooth has about a week before it's gone, maybe 2 tops.  AND, because you are so young, he said that your mouth hasn't developed yet for the 2 new permanent teeth to come in, so you may be toothless for a long time!! Like even to Christmas!!!!
Good news is the remaining teeth were perfect and you got to write your name on the No Cavity Club wall!
I still can't believe you are down 3 teeth and are just 5 days past your 5th birthday!  You look so cute toothless, too!!  (and I think you talk a little funny - heehee!!)
Love you sweet toothless girl!

No comments: