Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day weekend

Abigail - Today was a first for me. I celebrated Mother's Day for the first time as a mother. What a world of difference it makes. What a new appreciation it makes! Mimi and Pic-pic came up on Friday night to help start the fabulous weekend. After eating our usual Mexican, Mimi put you to bed without a problem, well, she forgot your paci, but that didn't seem to bother you too much! Mommy got to run a bunch of errands on Saturday and even got to take a 2 hour nap!!!! I know you think what is the big deal because you get to take 3 a day, but one day missy, you too will value those naps. It was awesome. You are really trying to stand up on everything so I bought you your first car, pink of course. Mimi was able to catch a couple good shots of you trying to ride it.
That night, Mimi watched you while Mommy and Daddy celebrated your Uncle Jaybee's 35th bday (yes, he is getting old) - once again - SO NICE! You've got this going to bed thing down pat - no need to even question it anymore! When we came in that night, it was after midnight so Daddy said it was mother's day so he insisted he give me my present. He had made a dvd all about you and me. It was sweet, even at 12:30 in the morning. He was so proud, and should have been. We've watched it at least 5 times - and you love seeing yourself on tv!! Sunday, after we woke up, we got all dolled up for a fancy brunch at Sambucca!! Well, all of us but Pic-pic, who wouldn't take off the socks. We almost made him stay home.

You are such a pretty baby girl!!! We ate and ate and ate. And you had TWO poopy diapers at a restaurant that does NOT have a changing station! thank GOODNESS for mimis!! seriously, thank goodness b/c i really think i would have just let you keep the 2nd poopy diaper, pretty outfit and all.





All in all, it was a fabulous first Mother's Day. We came back home and Mimi packed you up and took you to Munford for the next three days! I can't wait to hear about those adventures... It's been less than 6 hours and i already miss you. it's weird not having you here, although I did get another one of those naps today!!!! I love and miss you baby girl. Have fun at Mimi's. I'll see you on Wednesday. Play good with Clara Lee and don't forget me!!!!

No comments: