Monday, May 18, 2009

Week in Memphis

Dear Abigail, prepare yourself, this could be a long one... You spent an entire week in Memphis, and a few of those days by yourself, well, without me and Daddy, that is. Mimi watched you, and I think by Wednesday, she was exhausted and ready for me to come get you!! She'll never admit it, but I saw a sigh of relief when I finally walked in the house on Wednesday afternoon. I was so happy to see you - i can't explain it, but it felt really weird walking around the house without you. While it was nice to get a few things done, I didn't like the emptiness of it all. So I picked you up at Mimi's and we headed off to see Papa Rob. He was wearing me out about getting you over there as soon as possible. Papa Rob and Gramma were so happy to see you - they haven't seen your teeth or you crawl, or you stand up and man alive, were they pumped about it! You were hesitant at first when you saw them, but once Papa Rob started being his silly self, you opened up and showed your personality! He even got you to play on the bed with him AND you saw your first horse. Mommy was getting a little nervous about how close the horse was getting to you, but Gramma seemed to have it under control!! After a real quick bath because you wouldn't sit down, it was off to a LONG LONG LONG night. Girlfriend, I have never had such a bad night with you. I actually cried I was getting so overwhelmed. It was so weird, you weren't crying, you just wanted to sit there, just hang out. Maybe you really missed me and just wanted to make sure i wasn't leaving. I don't know, but between 1:30 to 3:30, you just decided to stay awake. Next morning, I was exhausted and as soon as Papa Rob and Gramma left for work, I scooted us off to Mimi's so I could have a break but low and behold, Clara Lee was there and it was just as exhausting. I have no idea how Mimi watched you and Clara Lee at the same time!! Or how anyone has twins for that matter! Bless their hearts... Anyway, that night we went to Emily and Kateland's softball games. Afterwards, we decided to take you to eat Mexican even though it was pretty late, adn well, Mommy doesn't admit it often, but I made the wrong decision. You needed to go home, instead, Papa Rob pushed you around outside while i gulfed down fajitas. Not the way I enjoy fajitas, but mommy's have to sacrifice at times. Anyway, we got you home and quickly put you to bed. Friday morning was good though. Your cousin Madison came and played in the morning. She kept hearing you say Da-da-da-da and said she was going to teach you Ma-ma-ma-ma! And yall played on the bed too!! You really had a good time with Madison. Here are a few pics from Papa Robs...

Papa Rob was introducing you to Pixie, who you loved to point at!













And Papa Rob and Gramma gave you a bath!!















Madison wanted to get in your bed b/c it used to be hers!!














You loved Uncle Bubbas hat. That's what kept you happy at the game!















During the day on Thursday and Friday we hung out at Mimi's with Clara Lee. At one point, i ran and got us some lunch or something and before I was gone 10 minutes, Mimi was texting me to hurry it up! I finally got back home and this is what I saw...


Poor Clara Lee was crying and needed to be rocked and you just weren't letting Mimi do it so she had to put you in the chair with her. It seemed to work because both you and Clara Lee weren't crying. Now that's not saying Mimi wasn't... I think that was the breaking point. She was a little hesitant with being alone with the 2 of you from that point on!






Let's see... all the days run together, but at one point we went over to Aunt Ash Ash's and walked with her and Clara Lee. You, of course, got a little bored in your stroller so I ended up pushing the stroller and holding you. And Aunt Ash Ash's walks get pretty gruesome. Friday night, you spent the night with Mimi and me and Daddy went to Sarah's house for an adult dinner, fancy china and all. It was the best, and one of my happiest times with Sarah - you will see soon enough that she's pretty dern awesome. Saturday was a fun-packed day to say the least. Daddy was so ready to get his hands on you, so we got up super early to see you at Mimi's. Then we headed to Katie Ann's graduation. Thankfully, we've got some decently smart folk in our family and someone picked an excellent area for us all to sit end. You see, there were 4 babies under a year old in our group, 2 kids under 3 and then all the rest of our clan which, to sum up, is just a loud group. But we made it through to see Katie Ann walk across that stage, proud and embarrassed that her family was wootin' for her!! You played most of the time and then decided to nap it up the second we got in the car. That night, we had a party for Katie Ann and at the last minute I 're-decided' not to take you adn Sarah watched you. All she had to do was put you to bed, that's it, so I thought it wouldn't be too bad. Once again, wrong. She said you cried. And cried. And choked yourself, and cried. But finally after 30 minutes, you fell asleep. After all that, she still said she loved you! I told you she was a rock star!! Okay, we're wrapping up... So Sunday, we went to Papa Rob's church to see Brother Ray's last sermon. Brother Ray has been Papa Rob's preacher for over 30 years!! It was a very emotional service, and I was happy we were there for it. P.R. was very happy we all came, the whole group, even Wishbone came! Afterwards, we all went to eat at P.R.'s and ended up staying a long time. It was a good day, beautiful weather, you did good, food was good, i was glad to be with the family. Here's a few pics from that...

This is four generations. Wishbone, Papa Rob, Mommy and you! Your great-grandfather is holding you! So special!!











Papa Rob and his girls! He needs John Michael to hurry up and get here!! Only 4 more months!

We finally got home Sunday, and I was so worried you were going to be all messed up from the million different places, but low and behold, you were just as perfect as usual. no problems with going to bed, no problems with anything. You are the bestest, for sure. Love you so much. I know it was a long week, but your family really loves you and loves for you to visit!! Love you baby girl.

1 comment:

Amber Foraker Smith said...

Niki, you have a beautiful family! I love to see pics of old friends & their fams! Your mom doesn't look like she has aged at all! Mr. Robert looks great too! Abby is beautiful:) I hope you will call me one day when you come to see Ashley. I would love to "catch up"! Thanks for sending me your blog into, it is fun & cute...
~Amber