Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween with Clara Lee!

Abby-gail,

Surprise- It's Ash Ash again! Last weekend, we had some fall festivities planned here, and we weren't about to let our little Abigail miss out! So, we worked it out with Mommy and Daddy to let you come for the weekend. Mimi left work on Thursday afternoon and met your mommy halfway to pick you up. As soon as you and Mimi got back in town, y'all picked Clara Lee up and went to our house to play until I got off work. I had to work late, so by the time I got home Mimi had you and Nanner fed and bathed. All it took was one look around my house to tell y'all had a good time playing that afternoon! You were in your jammies and cute as can be when I got there. I couldn't wait to hear you say the Pledge of Allegiance, but you weren't as excited as I was about saying it. You were much too busy playing and running around. You and Mimi didn't stay long after I got home since it was so close to bedtime, but you did finally recite the pledge for me before you left. And boy was I impressed! Clara Lee must have been too because she walked around saying "I pwedge aweegence" the rest of the night!

Since Mimi had to work the next day, we arranged for you to go with Clara Lee to Mrs. Lisa's, her babysitter. Clara Lee was so excited about you going to Mrs. Lisa's with her. She asked me every morning that week, "Abby, Mrs. Lisa's?" I thought you might be a little nervous going to Mrs. Lisa's so Clara Lee and I made sure to meet you and Mimi there at the same time. I got so tickled when I saw you because there you were in your jammies bright and early with a big pink bow in your hair! I don't think Clara Lee has EVER worn a bow over to Mrs. Lisa's, but of course you would- your mommy wouldn't have it any other way! Mimi and I stayed a few minutes to try to get you comfortable there. Being the smart girl you are, you knew something was up, but you didn't let it phase you too much. When Mimi started to tell you goodbye though, you gave her the saddest little face I've ever seen in my life. (It was almost too cute to be a sad face!) I could see the tears coming quickly (not your tears, Mimi's!) so I told her to go and let me stay with you a minute. Once Mimi left, you whined for just a minute. You told us "I want to go see my daddy," but you never cried. Ironically, your silly cousin was actually the one crying when I left and she goes to Mrs. Lisa's everyday and never cries! (I think she thought you were leaving with me.) I was just a few miles down the road, though, when Mrs. Lisa called to tell me you were both happy and playing. When I called to check on y'all at lunch, Mrs. Lisa said you were having a good time. She said Clara Lee had been following you around all day. She also said her son Ty told her he couldn't understand what you were saying because you "sound French." I knew that he meant your sweet, girly voice, and I got tickled at that. Mrs. Lisa managed to get you and Clara Lee both to take a pretty good nap that afternoon which was a good thing because we had a big night planned at the zoo. Mimi picked both of you up when she got off. Y'all played outside at Mimi's with your baby dolls. It was so sweet pulling up and seeing both of you carrying your bitty babies all over the yard- you with a dark haired baby, and Clara Lee with a light haired baby! I was glad you two got to spend the day together. I wish we could've gotten some pictures, but I figured Mrs. Lisa had her hands full enough!

Friday night we had plans to take all the kiddos to the Memphis zoo for the Halloween Zoo Boo, so we all met at Mimi's house. Aunt G came with Katie, Emily (Wonder Woman), and John Michael (the elephant- you think that had something to do with Alabama maybe?). Jamie brought James Welton (the pumpkin) and Jack (Buzz Lightyear). And I had Clara Lee (Minnie Mouse), of course. And you, dear Abby, were our little monkey! Of course you weren't just any ole monkey, though- you were a monkey with pink bows! And the cutest little monkey I've ever seen, might I add. We had a quick bite to eat, got everybody dressed, and even got a few pictures. I couldn't believe we got all six of you together and sitting still for a group picture.


Zoo Boo was a little hectic at first, but eventually we all got in and settled- well, kinda. We walked around the zoo, rode a few rides, collected some candy, and even took a ride on a choo choo train. You weren't too thrilled about the choo choo train at first, but you ended up loving it. Mimi almost didn't make you ride, but she was glad she did since the first thing you said when we got off was, "I had fun!" We didn't get a ton of pictures at Zoo Boo like we usually do becuse it was dark, but here are a few pictures I did get:





Riding the carousel

Getting on the choo choo train with Mimi


After our late night at the zoo, you slept til after 7:00! I'm sure Mimi appreciated that! You spent the morning with Mimi and Pic-Pic. I think Pic-Pic took you outside to play while Mimi straightened up her house that we had destroyed in our hurry to get to the zoo. That afternoon, we all met at Emily's school for her fall carnival. You and Clara Lee wore your matching witch's feet shirts and got many compliments on them. (You're mommy is really getting good at applique!) We played games and got candy, and of course you wanted to go down the jumpy slide. Aunt G had to get in the jumpy slide with you, though, because you had to climb up real high before you could slide down. I think you wore Aunt G out! After the carnival, we played on the school playground for a long time. You and Clara Lee found a good little spot to play and Mimi had to take up for y'all when some little boy tried to make y'all move. (Mimi wasn't about to let some little boy bully her grandbabies!) You wanted to go down the slide, but it was much too high for you. At one point, you wandered over to the swings by yourself, climbed up in the seat, and hollered, "Hey everybody, look at me!" Too cute! By the time we left the playground, I think we were all ready for a nap.
The weekend went by quickly, but we were so glad you were here with us. I am so glad we got to see you in your cute monkey costume, and I know Clara Lee was thrilled to take you with her to Mrs. Lisa's for the day. Tell Mommy to bring you back soon! We love you and can't wait to see you again. Happy Halloween, Monkey!
Love, Ash Ash














No comments: