Sunday, November 7, 2010

Strange Happenings...


Dear Abigail,
There is no doubt you have several quirky things about you, some are cute and tolerable, others, well maybe we'll laugh about them in a couple of years. But one night last week, I think your "smeardo"-ness topped the chart...
Yes, that is you sleeping with a Pottery Barn Kids catalog. Yes, you insisted that you sleep with it. And not only insisted, but pitched a HUGE fit, big alligator tears and all. I'm not real sure how it got started, but you started flipping through it right before you went upstairs for bed, so as soon as we said it was bed time, you grabbed it as if it were your lovey. And the second I tried to stop you, well, it was as if I told you that you had to sleep in the dog house or something!! To say the least, you got to sleep with it, and when I checked in on you about 30 minutes later, this is what I found. And that next morning, when you woke up and came into our room to crawl into our bed, well guess what you had with you?? YEP, that catalog. I don't know... I still don't know. But I've learned to just not question certain things!! Love you baby girl - smeardoness and all!
PS - do you see the non-matching pajamas? That's another issue we have. You ALWAYS insist on wearing the cow pajama pants, and the matching shirt is pink, so it gets washed with the pink load, not the darks, so the top is NEVER clean at the same time the pants are because the second you see those pants you insist on wearing them, not to mention the shirt is short sleeve, so we've just given up on matching the cow pajamas. You don't care, you are clearly just interested in the pants.... Again, we don't question it, we just love you all the same!!

No comments: