Monday, November 21, 2011

Birthday Parties

Hey Abs, I'm a little behind. Who knew a 3 year old, a 2 month old, a new house, an old house you are moving out of, and an in between house until the new house is ready would keep you so busy. I won't get into that. Let's focus on you :)
A couple weekends ago, you had 2 birthday parties to go to in one day! Hello sugar overdose... Saturday morning, we went to London B's birthday party at the Y. (For the record, and just because I want to document this, you have 3 London's in your class, and one Landon. How many Abigail's - 0. How many Jacob's - 0. How many Emily's - 0. London's though - you've got 3!! That's crazy. Anyway, back to our weekend...). SO, Daddy stayed home with Kate while the 2 of us went to the party. At first, you had so much fun, running around with all your school friends, specifically Silas and Julianna, jumping in the bouncy house, running back and forth on the racquetball courts - fun, fun, fun. And, Miss Amber showed up (your teacher!). She was working out at the Y and had heard about your class being there! It was so funny watching the kids reactions. Most of you thought your parents were going to leave you!!! So, fun, right. But then, Julianna's mom comes running up to me and says "Hello Kitty is coming. I was told to let you know right away." HA!!! Apparently your fear of adults dressed in costume has made quite the impression. So, I grabbed you and told you the situation and asked if you wanted to leave. There were a couple different rooms, so we could stay in the bouncy house while the Kitty stayed in the birthday room. And that's what we did. Except for the 40 times you wanted to go say hello to the Kitty. Which, of course, meant I had to hold you. And which, of course, consisted of you peeking in the room, everyone saying "come on Abby - she's so nice" and you burying your head in my shoulder and saying "I'm ready to go bounce now.". 40 times might be a little exaggeration, but it had to be 20 for sure. Finally Hello Kitty left, and after a little readjustment period, you were back at it.
You of course got cake and ice cream, and then they had a pinata to which EVERYONE went crazy for candy when it was open!!!
And yes, I forgot my camera so I had to use my phone... Here's you with the birthday girl and then your other little friend that I can't for the life of me remember her name. In my defense, she is new to your class :)
As soon as we left London's party, we headed home to get Sister and Daddy to head to Ryan's 3rd Birthday party!!! I tried to get a few shots of you and your sister before we headed that way, but I'm starting to grasp the concept that multiple children looking at the same time, smiling, no hands in the mouth, all at the exact moment I take that picture is just a tough thing to capture :) But I'll keep trying because you two are just so stinkin' cute!!!
This one is pretty awesome with Kate giving us a thumbs down!
And you always take great "Love my sister" shots...
So off to Ryan's birthday party. The party was train themed and as usual, Miss Leigh (and Ryan's grandparents!!) out did themselves. AND, as usual, it was a beautiful day and you kiddos got to play outside!! You had to sit in the baby swing, but needed someone to push you...
Ellie to the rescue...
And there is the birthday boy - maybe the theme should have been monkeys :)
You 3 discovered a field of flowers (i.e. the neighbors backyard) and had a ball picking away!!!
You guys LOVED it!!! And you also loved the sandbox... So much that you missed singing happy birthday to Ryan. Oh, did I mention you missed singing it to London, too. We were in the bathroom that time. I blame Daddy and Daddy alone for making you miss singing to Ryan. You were in the sandbox and I said "Can you get Abby so she can sing Happy Birthday?" and next thing I know you are not singing. Apparently he didn't know I meant 'now'.... So, when you are scarred for life because you didn't get to sing to Ryan on his 3rd birthday, go see your Daddy :) Of course, though, you got to eat the cake!!!! And lots of other goodies...
And that Daddy of yours enjoyed his time, too, just hanging out with the girls...
Oh, and guess what Ryan got for his birthday??? Buzz and Woody!!! You gave him Woody and Ellie gave him Buzz. I'm pretty sure it was his top 2 favorite gifts :)
It was a fun filled birthday party weekend. No costumes at Ryan's but you handled that Hello Kitty just fine and dandy, well, to an extent. We're still holding off on that Disney World trip!
Love you!!!!!

No comments: