Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Boston Trip

Dear Abigail,

No, you didn't go to Boston, only Mommy & Daddy, but Mommy did decide that when we go back, we'll tak you! It's a beautiful place, and I saw all kinds of parks that you could play at, not to mention the duck tour that you would just love. I constantly reminded Daddy the whole time that we were going to take you next time.

So, you may be asking yourself, where did you go??? Well, after many, many hours of figuring it all out, Mommy drove you to Memphis and left you there (sniff, sniff). I tried real hard to keep you in Nashville, but your Auntie Amy actually planned something before I did - I know, I know, doesn't seem right does it... Anyway, she was off to Vegas baby, so you didn't get to stay with the Ings, and that left Papa Larry to watching your crazy cousins, so I packed your things and we headed that way...

We left on Wednesday night, and I have to say, this was one of my favorite trips with you (trips to Memphis, that is). I don't know why, but it will always stick out in my head. Maybe because you did so good, or maybe because it was your first taste of McDonalds!!! See, we started a little later than usual, just cause Mommy had to work and it was raining, etc. etc. So, I had already made the executive decision to stop for dinner. No way was I going to try to push it all the way without any food. So, rather than stopping for an hour at Cracker Barrel, I decided you needed to experience Micky D's. Btw, Exit 108 has the most accomadating Micky D's, for future reference. You were ready for a stretch when we pulled up, and apparently you were ready for some conversation. We walked in and you were speaking to EVERYONE!! You just kept saying "HI" "HI" "HI" and giving your big ole grin! Employees were coming from the back to see you, and the traveling customers went back to their cars with happy faces, rather than gloomy ones due to the rain! This old couple just kept playing with you, and you were not shy a bit. And of course the food... THE FOOD. You loved you some french fries and nuggets (although, I won't tell you for awhile, but I gave you the 'chicken tenders select' - I just couldn't do the actual nuggets just yet - I've got to do more research on the validity of chicken in nuggets first...anyway..) You loved it all. To the point where Mommy really didn't have to feed you any of your food. Woo-hoo, that's been our goal for a couple weeks and we're getting so close (last night you ate quesidillas with Mommy & Daddy and nothing else!!!!) So after a quick diaper and wardrobe change, we hopped back in the car. Now, I thought you'd fall asleep, or well, kind of hoped, but you didn't. Instead, you watched your movie until we pulled up in Papa Rob's drive way. It was probably best that you didn't fall asleep because Madison would have been a little upset, not to mention Gramma and Papa Rob!! So, around 8:30, we made it, you were awake, the family was happy to see you, and Mommy was exhausted! Once you played a little, you went to bed with no problem - to the point where Gramma was trying to show Madison what a big girl you were for goign to bed without crying and tv and everything!

Thursday morning came too early, but you woke up happy and were ready to play, or should I say, climb the stairs!! Madison did such a good job babysitting you while everyone else got ready. We told her to scream real loud if you got near the stairs, and sure enough, we heard "SHE'S NEAR THE STAIRS" several times! We're bringing a gate next time! Oh, and Gramma was so excited you like your black beans, even for breakfast. Papa Rob and Gramma eat eggs and black beans every single morning, and blueberries, but Papa Rob never lets us have any of those!! After breakfast and a long nap from you and lunch, we went to get your 1 year pictures done!! 1 year!!! WOW! and thank goodness, too. I am just a little worn out on pictures. You were super friendly at first, but then while I was sorting your outfits out, you found the goldfish in your bag and, well, you couldn't get your picture taken with the goldfish, so when I took those away... it all went downhill. Okay, so that's an exaggeration. It wasn't too terrible, but you just don't sit still. Mr. Phil got the bubbles out, and while it entertained you for a second, it didn't keep you still. He says he got some good ones though, so we'll see...
After pictures we went to Mimi's where Jack and Clara Lee were axiously waiting for you - oh, and Mimi, too! Jack was so excited to see you! He kept immitating you - he's say "Look, I walk like Abby-gale" and he'd waddle over to you! Then he started talking like you, too. It was too cute. I think you guys are going to be good buddies. Soon after I dropped you off, I had to rush out of there to drive back to Nashville, so after several kisses and "BYE-BYE"'s, I was off and you were on another crazy adventure in Munford.
I don't know a lot of the details about your weekend, but here's what I do know...
Thursday night you spent the night at Mimi's and on Friday, Jack and Clara Lee came back over and played with you. And Mammaw came, too. Mimi took you and CL on walks in the same stroller!!! She has a double stroller now - she was so excited about it, and I am positive between you, CL AND John Michael, that it will get put to good use! Friday afternoon, Em and Kateland came over and spent the night with you at Mimi's. Then on Saturday, you and Em went with Papa Rob and Gramma and Madison to the mall! You were supposed to go to the zoo, but apparently it has been raining for 10 days straight! So you went to the mall playground instead. Papa Rob said there were no tears when you went to him, he was so proud. So proud, that he has told me at least 10 times! He said you had a blast at the mall, just walking around everywhere, playing with your cousins, eating mall food, etc. Mommy usually confines you in the stroller, so I'm sure you enjoyed the free will. Papa Rob said you even climbed up in your stroller when you were ready for your nap - you are such a good girl. Mommy and Daddy have taught you so well :) Saturday night, just you spent the night at Papa Rob's and Grammas and then Sunday morning you were supposed to go to your BFF's house (Sarah) and play with her all day, BUT... she's very important and got called into an emergency at work, so you played with Miss Blaire and Bebe instead! I do think there were tears shed in the exchange, but, thanks to Bebe's excellent frienliness, you were happy as a pea within minutes. You played and played, then napped, then it was clear that Sarah was not going to get to see you, so it was time to go back to Mimi's. Sarah sure was sad, but I think we can probably arrange another day for you to play with her. And, besides, you have a new BFF, from what I hear (Bebe).
Sunday afternoon, Mimi took you down to see Lynnie at Mammaws & Pawpaws and then it was another fun filled day of playing with Jack and CL on Monday. Mimi drove you half way to Jackson to meet Daddy, while Mommy had to patiently wait at home for you. Finally, around 7 on Monday, I got to see your pretty little face!! I was super excited, and your little arms were just a flaring. The first thing you wanted to do when you got out of the car was go play in your playhouse, but of course, it was raining, as mentioend before, so I had to take you inside after I snuck you over to the house real quick. Then, the first thing you did inside was plop right on your pink chair. It was halarious - it was like you hadn't seen it in years and you just bounced on it and smiled, like you were thinking "I've missed you ole buddy."
All in all, I think you had a fantastic time this weekend and were probably just as busy and me and Daddy! Like I said though, next time, you are coming with us! I really started missing you, too much! Love you sweet monkey!

No comments: