Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The past week/weekend


Dear Abigail,
Things have been really really busy this last week or so. Mommy and Daddy are getting ready for your big birthday, and the fancy-smancy party that comes along with it. I have never seen your Daddy do so much maintenance to this house, but I'm not complaining that's for sure. You may even get a birthday party for turning 1 and 1/2 just to see what new stuff we can get! So, first, I apologize if I'm not updating as often as I should, and also, when I do update, it may be a little brief, or leave a few fun things out. Wait, who am I kidding - I am never brief about anything.
Okay, so a couple maintenance things myself... You have 3, maybe even 4 new teeth popping in, all at the same time!! Finally some more teethies. Mommy was getting a little worried, well frustrated really. Ryan is on like number 13 or something!! Anyway, I think you will be up to speed after these come in all the way. Not that it's stopping you from eating. You are eating pretty much whatever we put your way. Now I'm not saying meal times are just hunky doory with you, but you will eat lots of good stuff, if I can just occupy your attention elsewhere. Your attention span is amazing - I know I've mentioned it before, but man alive. Anyway. You love eating Daddy's cereal in the morning, usually cheerios, but sometimes flakes. You don't care though, as long as he shares. You also love black beans, which is super good because we are some black bean eatin' fools up in here. You will see... You also have become quite verbal. I know everyone thinks their kid is smart, but see, baby girl, that's the difference with me and others. I KNOW you are a smarts, ask Sarah. You will try so hard to repeat words we say. You are real good at ball, bow, bottle, pretty much anything that starts with B. You say "bye-BYYYYYE" whenever someone gives you a kiss. But you also say 'kitty' or well it's more like "ttttyyyyyyy". But see, that's not what impresses me, it's that you understand what I'm saying. I can say 'brush your hair abby" and you take the brush and brush your hair then i tell you to brush mommy's and you do that! You sooo smart! You do lots of things like that. But, the biggest one is, which is scary, is that you know what "No" means. You know what it means when I say it, and you know how to use it too! We had a terrible experience at Target this past Tuesday thanks to you not only saying "NOOOOOOO" but also pushing me away. Where has my little baby gone???? One year... wow Abigail... Okay, before I start crying and can't read what I'm writing, I'll get to the week/weekend.
So Miss Lee went on vacation so you got to go stay with Mimi for the week, or well, for Monday - Wednesday. Aunt Ash-ash claims you got Clara Lee sick, but you weren't sick. I think you were exposing her to Nashville germs so she can get completely immune and come visit us all the time! I just came in for the night and we left early Wednesday morning, and guess what - we had the best car ride ever! Member how you are turned around now - well, I turned your Abby Cadabby movie on and you were a perfect angel. You watched your movie, then I turned it off, you went to sleep and didn't wake up until we got home!! Love those dvd players in cars! But, I'll say this now, and you can quote me on it to, we will not be watching the dvd player when running to Target, or the grocery store, or to your ballet class or violin lessons (yes, you will be doing both if Mommy has her way about it all). Only going to watch the tv in the car on trips longer than 1 hour, okay. Please don't make me eat my words on this one baby girl!! So we're back in Nashville, and guess who comes and visits? SARAH!! And, you may not have recognized her at first because she was without glasses - she can see now! You had no problems warming up to her at all though, and no more tears when she comes around. You guys played and played and played, and she even entertained you while I got in the shower or was gettingthings together. She's your bff, so she says. She even tried feeding you dinner, and did a pretty good job at it. The gang came over for Mexican and a little trivia (which Sarah rocked at, surprise surprise), and you were perfect. You even slept longer than Sarah did, like till 7:30! Saturday, we went shopping all day, and you just love looking at yourself in the mirror, giggling, and all. I'm so happy you are such a cutie pie. That night, you wore your Abbycadabby pj's that sarah gave you - too cute, too too cute...

On Sunday, we had our final Carnton Plantation concert, with the Eagles, or well, a band that sings Eagles songs. We danced to Desparado as the sun set, it was very sweet and I will remember it for a long time. We had a good time, but this time it was really really crowded, and just a little more chaotic, not to mention that Harrison and Spencer got lost for a few minutes, or, well, hours. But your sweet cousin Caroline had the solution/silver lining. As Aunt Amy was frantically looking for the lost boys, Caroline sweetly said "Don't worry Mommy, you can always make more boys." I think that's where you get your smarts from, in addition to your looks, of course. After a late, late night, we made it home and you smoothly transitioned from the carseat to the bed. Here's a few pics...





Unfortunately, you and Ryan didn't really play that much. You were too worried about walking around everywhere, which was rough on the rest of us, or well, me...

Monday was back to normal with Miss Lee back in town, but Mommy and Daddy are still running circles to get this house pretty for your party. It's going to be so much fun - I truly cannot believe my baby girl, the baby girl that took 28 hours to get out, that I remember every detail of, is turning 1 year old in 3 days. It has been one glorious year, Abigail. I cannot wait to see what the next billion hold for me and you, and Daddy too. You just don't have to make it go by so quickly, that's all! Love you lots and lots, more than I ever thought possible.

No comments: