Sunday, September 27, 2009

Clara Lee came to visit


Dear Abigail,
Clara Lee spent the night with you this week! It was only on Thursday night, but we'll take what we can get. Mimi, Mam-maw, Paw-paw, and Clara Lee all came up together, cause M&P were flying out of Nashville on Friday. That was awesome and all, except you went for your 1 year check up that afternoon, and I had to wake you up from your nap to go! Do you remember what happened??? Please say no, please say no, please say no! Well, after Mommy went through her list of questions, the nurse made me bear hug you while she gave you FOUR shots - yes, four. It was terrible, the meanest thing I've ever heard of. And you totally knew what was going down from the second I put you on that crinkly paper. After a few minutes of hugging you, you settled down and once we got home, you played well with Clara Lee, well, minus the times she tried to get on your chair...


You are very, very greedy with who is on your chair. You won't even let Elmo or Abbycadabby sit in it either. Sometimes you let Music Bear hang out, but that's if you are being very nice. We'll need to work on sharing a little bit more. I'll tell you something we don't need to work on - your climbing skills! You are a little monkey!! Everywhere. We thought you were safe in your play room, but apparently we can't even leave you alone in there...



Mimi got her hair did, so she didn't get to play with you very long, but don't worry, the 2 of you bonded later on that night. I don't know why, I'm only going to assume it was the shots taking action, but you woke up at 11 that night and did not go back to sleep till sometime around 2:30! I got up with you, and Mimi layed on the couch, too. You just sat there for awhile, staring at the TV. You were almost asleep in Mimi's arms, so I thought I could try to put you down. Your mommy is going to learn one day to have a little more patience... You did not go to sleep, you cried and cried, and we tried 3 more times after that! I even was holding you on the couch while we watched the Office for the 10th time and I fell asleep - but not you! Finally I put you back in the crib, awake, and you didn't cry, and we thought you were asleep. Then, after 10 minutes or so, you pushed your music button thingy! Mimi and I could do nothing but laugh...then sleep. We don't really know for sure what time you went to sleep officially, because we were worn out! I'm assuming it was the shots, because you were super crying, and didn't really know what you wanted... It hasn't happened since, so BOOOOO to shots - BOO.

Nothing too crazy went down on Friday, mainly because it's been raining here for humpteen days, and Saturday was the same. I got stir crazy, so me and you ran to the mall to return a couple things. You are being super friendly lately, to everyone! I love it.

Then today (Sunday), we went to the playground!! FINALLY there was sun, and it was such a pretty day. There was no way I was staying inside. I found out about this park right down the street, and it was perfect. You loved watching all the other kids at first, but then you started doing your own thing, like sliding down the slide! Then you decided you wanted to be a little dare devil and climb up the slide!! From that point on, that's all you wanted to do. And it's not easy to do, so I had to help a few times, but then you would get mad because I was helping. You are going to be something else missy. I love that you are so independent! You will conquer the world, no doubt. You also loved the swings, and just running around like a little maniac!! I liked watching you, just care free going from one place to the other, no one saying "Abby - no!"
I hope the beautiful days continue so you and Miss Lee can finally get outside again!! Here are a few park pics...




We had a great weekend together baby girl! And get excited, on Thursday, we're driving to Memphis to see your new baby cousin, John Michael!!!!!!!

Love you like no other...

No comments: