Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Dear Abigail,
This Sunday was Mother's Day, and what a lovely Mother's Day it was. The general rule on Mother's Day is to do whatever Mommy wants to do, or at least that's what it says in my rule book. So when Daddy asked me what I wanted to do, I knew just the plan. I wanted to have a picnic in a park, and I knew just the park - Montgomery Bell. This park is very special to Daddy. It's what will always remind him of his Mommy, your Nana. It's always so special when we get to go, always so beautiful. So we had the place and the menu (Bread and Co chicken salad, of course), so we were set. Guess what - that's exactly what Aunt Steph wanted to do, too!!! So we all met at the park!!! What a beautiful day, and what fun we had. You loved the wide open space and ran and ran and ran. Uncle Jaybee had to keep reminding us that you weren't going to fall in the creek (because we kept hopping up to go get you), and then I had to remind him who your mommy was... Daddy took you on long walks around the creek and even showed you how to skip rocks. We all went on a little hike and you really loved that, and I really got scared. You have no fear, no fear of the poison ivy, no fear of the big roots sticking up out of the ground, no fear of the mudslide, none! But you had fun, that's for sure.
Look how high Uncle Jaybee gets you!!!!! You loved it, but Mommy, well, let's just say I wasn't too excited about this move being repeated over and over again...




Skipping rocks with Daddy
You love your Ellie!

The Daddys look like they are having a little too much relaxation being Mother's Day and all, huh!
Mommy and her princess!





This is where you were trying to talk Ellie into coming with you to get in the creek...

"Come Ellie"
"See, we're not going to get in trouble"...
Ellie knew better - she decided to just have a seat...
And Absolutely Totally Awesome Mother's Day!! I am so happy to be your Mom! You bring nothing but joy to my life. I love every waking moment with you, and even those sleeping moments, too!!!! Love you baby girl...


No comments: