Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Catching up...


Dear Abigail,
What a roller coaster ride we've been on. Goodness gracious, where do I even start... Well, we're officially Franklinites! As of the last couple of days in May, we officially became citizens of the town of Franklin, TN - and we love it!! While I'll miss our first home, I just love our new place. I love the house, I love the neighborhood, I love the area, and I love the location of it all! Mimi was gracious enough to come up for several days and help us move, but I'm not sure she knew what she was getting into! I'm pretty sure we wore her out, whether it was driving from one house to the next or packing one box to just turn around and unpack it! After a long week (and special help from an actual moving company!) we were all moved in. But guess what, we had to get right on out of there! See, this is the luck your mommy has. She planned and planned this fantastic vacation and low and behold, we had to move the day before we left! Can you believe that! So you got to spend one night in your new house and then BAM, you were gone! Crazy, huh! But, unfortunately (and fortunately to some of us...) you didn't get to go on vacation with Mommy. Instead, you took a vacation to Mimi's house!! Mommy and Daddy went on a Mommy and Daddy only vacation and let you play with Mimi for a whole week all by yourself. From what I heard, and from the pictures I saw, it looks like you had a fantastic time. You did a lot of swimming, and, I'm pretty sure a lot of staying up late! You even went to a big girl skating party! I"m going to let Aunt Ash-ash tell us all about your vacation since she was right there in the middle of it!
You finally made it back to your brand new house on Sunday, just in time to start back to school. You did okay this past week, although you could tell you were still adjusting. Miss Pratiba is out of town for a whole month, so Miss Anna is helping out and you seem to really like her. You don't, however, seem to like your naps too much. On Thursday of last week, Miss Anna pulled me aside when I came to pick you up to tell me that you aren't transitioning very well into your nap routine.... surprise, surprise. But then she continued to tell me that when you wake up, that if she doesn't hold you and rock you, then you start jibber-jabbing, waking everyone else up. I stopped her right there and asked "do you know her momma at all!" In all seriousness, I did ask what I could do about that, and well, I got nothing! She didn't really have any suggestions, so we'll just have to continue to deal with No Napping Abby.
Well, just when we're getting settled in at home, things are kind of returning to normal, guess what - we're gone again! Yep, that's right. We headed back to Memphis on Thursday for your BFF's birthday party. The party wasn't until Saturday, but we wanted to head in and help her out - and to play, too! We stayed at Papa Rob's on Thursday and Friday night, and you had no problems warming up to both him or Gramma. And guess who else showed up - Madison! She was so excited to see you. The 2 of you played and played, and Mommy let you stay up super late. You even got to take a bath with Madison.

Madison was a good little babysitter, and was super impressed with how easily you went to bed! And, good gracious, you slept super late, too! Mommy didn't mind that at all, but Papa Rob only had about 5 minutes with you before he had to go to work and poor Madison didn't get to play long at all with you. I think we'll just have to go back, don't you!
Friday morning, me and you and Mimi and Ashy (that's what you call Aunt Ash-ash) and Clara Lee AND your BFF Sarah all went swimming. Problem was, there was no sun, and it got a wee bit chilly, believe it or not! Not to mention you only wanted to swim with Mimi. I don't know what she's done to you, but you sure do love you some Mimi, especially in the pool. She must have cast a spell or something because Clara Lee is the same way!!! After a few minutes of trying to make it work in the pool, we decided to head inside, or at least out of the water. The rest of the afternoon was spent playing at Mimi's, yet again. I think you know Mimi's house better than you know your own!
Friday night we went back to Papa Robs and finally he got a good bit of time to play with you. He let you play on the bed, and let you JUMP on the bed and even let you go see the horses. PS - Mimi is getting kind of worried because you always look for horses at her house because she has the same kind of fence as Papa Robs (where the horses are). She says she thinks you really see horses, but I think you are playing a trick on her :)
After lots of play time, and a good bath, you were ready to go to sleep. You sat in Papa Robs lap for the longest time, then it was off to bed you go...

On Saturday, we decided to give the swimming pool another go, but this time we went to Clara Lee's other Mimi's house. And guess what, it was perfect. The sun was shining, we had plenty of time, and best of all, you actually let me hold you in the water. Well, at least until Mimi got in... You and CL had a ball playing in the pool, and Mommy was only able to get a couple pictures, but I"m going to guess there will be plenty more to come!!


Once we got you home and got a good nap, it was time to P-A-R-T-Y, at your BFF's that is! And oh, did you party! Sarah had a bouncy house and you immediately went straight for it. You wouldn't even say hello to anyone, just ran straight for the bouncy house. And guess who was there - Bebe!!! Boy is she the best. She makes Mommy be able to relax and have a good time. Even Aunt Ash-ash said she needed a Bebe! You two jumped and played and ran inside then ran outside then ran inside then ate then ran outside then jumped then, well, you get the picture!! Because it was a special night, you got to stay up SUPER late - I'm pretty sure the latest you've ever stayed up - it was 9:30!!! Holy smokes is right! And you were exhausted! Mimi was nice enough to take you home so Mommy could play with Sarah a little while longer, and you slept hard!
On Sunday, we had one more stop to make - Mammaws and Pawpaws! Guess what that means - another day of swimming! And Mommy loved this day! You finally would come to me, you even jumped to me, you even jumped to me with no hands!!! And you love for me to throw you up in the air, as long as I catch you right before you hit the water that is!! Aunt Lynnie came and swam with us, too, and we all had a big day. You were super exhausted from the night before and then the morning at the pool, so Mommy decided to let you take a nap at Mammaw instead of sticking you in the car. Well, after you woke up - or wait, let me start off by saying that that morning, your leg had, well, what looked like and extra knee cap! You had a big bite on your knee, and it was super swollen and really red and very hot to the touch. We watched it all day and even drew a circle around it (Mimi will want to get credit for that), and after your nap, it had gotten even bigger. Well, a friend of Lynnies was there, a nurse for almost 20 years, and said she thought it looked pretty bad. She suggested the ER, but I knew better than that. I got on the handy dandy phone and called your doc! She suggested we come to the doctor that next morning, instead of spending hours (and moo-lah!) at the ER, so we decided to spend the night ONE MORE NIGHT at Mimi's house and head out early the next morning. Well, we went to the doctor, and while it wasn't a spider bite, which is what we feared, you did have to be put on an antibiotic. You have such sensitive skin, I'm sure it was just a reaction to some goofy mosquito! Nonetheless, it is looking better and better everyday, and no ER trip!!! shhoooo. I am trying to keep that far from our list of destinations!!
We finally made it back to our brand new house yesterday afternoon (Monday) and I think we're all just a little worn out! You went to school today and did pretty good - Miss Anna even said you went to sleep without your paci (apparently you left it in the other classroom). I think that's a sign, but unfortunately, Mommy and Daddy are too tired to try it out tonight! We have a plan though - Baby Grant is going to be born very soon - June 25th, actually - and I think that you need to be a big girl and give all your pacis to him! We've started talking about it, and you are growing up so fast now, that I actually think it's going to work... Lots of changes baby girl! Time is flying by, we just need to sit back and relax a little, and that's just what's on the agenda for this weekend!! I CAN'T WAIT!!

LOVE YOU!

No comments: