Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Miss Lee and Monkey Joe's

Dear Abigail,
On Thursday, you had such a special day. Miss Lee, your former nanny, came to our new house to meet your new sister and to get a much needed hug from her Abigail! It had been way to long since you had seen Miss Lee, maybe even your 2nd birthday. She still keeps up with you through the blog and facebook, but unfortunately you had a hard time remembering her. I talked a lot about her and showed you a few pictures and I think eventually you might have recalled a little bit. You would ask me "Would Miss Lee rock me if I was crying?" or "Did Miss Lee change my diaper when I was a baby?". And, to no one's surprise, you had no issues warming up to her the second she got here. You were very eager to show her the media room and of course, your room, and eventually you found the present she brought you!!! It was Hello Kitty memory game, which the two of you played while I made us lunch. We had a nice lunch with Miss Lee and caught up on everything that's been going on with all of us. And of course Miss Lee had to get her hands on Kate. It was kind of sad and kind of a happy thought, we realized that Miss Lee started watching you at the exact age Kate is now. Miss Lee was such a special part of your life!!! I wish she could come over more often and be extra special for Kate, too!!
The fun continued even after Miss Lee left. It was Ellie's actual birthday and Aunt Steph and Uncle Jaybee were taking her to Monkey Joe's and wanted you to come along. Of course, I IMMEDIATELY said no way, absolutely not, ain't gonna happen. Then I thought, hmmm, let's see if Monkey Joe is going to be there first. Aunt Steph called and they said that Monkey Joe would be at school! So, when I picked you up from school the day before I asked you if you wanted to go and said that he'd be at school. You said yes, but man alive did you ask 200 questions about Monkey Joe and his school and his home and asked at least 200 million times "If Monkey Joe is there I will be sad and you will come get me right Mom?" I was counting down the minutes until Aunt Steph got to our house because I could not handle anymore questions about Monkey Joe!!! And right when they walked in the door, the first thing you said was "Is Monkey Joe at school today?". Oh I prayed that he was indeed at school and not going to make an appearance. Aunt Steph said the second you got there the lady said that Monkey Joe was at school and that's all you needed to hear! They said the 2 of you played and played and played like crazy!! You particularly liked the hurricane simulation thing!!! And, to make it an even awesomer birthday, Ellie got to have you over to spend the night!!! Whoo-hoo for us all!!! Y'all had hamburgers and french fries (Ellie's birthday request) and a bath and then got to try (yet again) to sleep in the same bed. Of course it didn't happen, you two wanted to talk the whole time!! What a fun fun birthday day with your Ellie Bean!!!
Love you!!! And Miss Lee and Ellie, too!!!

No comments: