Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Thursday

Dear Abigail,
This past Thursday was quite the roller coaster of a day. It started out by being quite the rushed morning to get out of the house and be at gymnastics by 9:30. I don't know exactly what threw us off track, but we were in turbo mode. Let me rephrase that, I was in turbo mode, you don't know any other mode other than Abby mode, but nonetheless, we were rushing around, to the point where I forgot a blanket for Kate, a burp cloth for Kate, AND it was pouring down raining and I thought the 3 big umbrellas that you step on in the car every single day were still in the car. Of course, they weren't... So, we make it just a minute or 2 late and guess who is joining you in your gymnastics class??? Ellie!!! That's right, Ellie did a trial class and so you got to show her all the ropes (and trampolines and bars and, well, you get it!). A little side note, just for documentation purposes. So, the night before I told you that Ellie was going to be at gymnastics. You were super excited, too excited. So excited that you wanted to go Ellie's house right then, which I said no to, which you didn't appreciate, or like, so you took it upon yourself to lock yourself in MY bedroom until we went to Ellie's house. I knocked on the door and said "Abby, unlock the door or go to timeout. It's your choice. You decide." Your response - "How are you going to come get me?". DARN YOU! Smart children are so overrated. So yeah, I just let you stay in there and cry. Eventually you came out. And we did not go to Ellies...
Anyway, back to Thursday. So, we're at gymnastics and you are showing Ellie all the tricks!
After gymnastics, we headed over to Ellie's house (yes, after all that we DID end up at her house!) to have lunch and let you two play. Well, as usual, you two were awful quiet, but to our surprise, nothing too crazy was happening (yet), although we did find some water and both of you decided to change clothes. You decided to put Ellie's clothes on. Please keep in mind you are a size bigger than Ellie, specifically taller, so it was quite the sight to see. We figured out later you both changed because your clothes were wet. Hmmmmm.... Anyway, so after lunch, Aunt Steph and I decided we'd do a little art project for Valentine's day. It involved painting your hands and feet, but we were right there to help you, and to help you rinse it off. AFter the project, both Aunt Steph and I had to feed the babies, so we set up a little 'painting area' where we could sort of keep an eye on y'all, or at least make sure you stayed on the mat. Well, you both were awfully quiet and finally I was able to get up and see exactly why...
That's right, both of you painting your feet and hands. Lovely. While Aunt Steph finished feeding Christopher, I started cleaning up the little footprint and hand prints that got on the floor (i.e. off the mat!) and in order to keep from cleaning up more, I let the two of you continue to paint yourselves. I mean, heck, you had to have a bath anyway right. Well, by the time we were ready to put you in the bath, you pretty much covered all areas...
I won't publicize this one picture, but I will hold it for hostage later in life. Let's just say the paint brush made it's way down your pants and a certain booty had paint all in it's crack!!!!! Girl you went CRAZY with the paint. But after a little scrubbing, and a little relaxing, you were squeaky clean again...
After middle of the day baths (and no naps) I decided we needed to head on home before you two could find some other mischief to get into. We got home and played a little bit but before long you were twirling around the living room and BAM, you fell, and fell hard, and your poor lip hit the end table. It was awful, I have to say. I was holding Kate and immediately put her down and ugh, was it bad. Blood was everywhere, including my white shirt I was wearing and your pink dress you were wearing. I couldn't figure out what was bleeding for the longest time because it was just so much blood, but finally after rinsing your mouth out I could tell it was your lip. I was able to convince you to keep the rag on your lip, but you looked soooo sad...
And yes, that is a white rag/towel. I grabbed the first thing, not even thinking about the stains! I have to say, you were rather brave considering what went down. I think the blood scared you to the point of not moving because you were really good about just sitting still and letting Mommy look at it. It was a long night, but you were okay by the morning and were happy to show Daddy your boo boo. I was still a little nervous about it and about the pain it may cause, but you seemed to push through it all because I didn't hear you complain the whole weekend. Of course, we were having a blast at Mimi's and Clara Lee's birthday party, but nonetheless, no complaints!
It was a CRAZY Thursday baby girl! From start to finish!!!! But you know what, that's what makes our life so fun!!!! Love you, boo boo and all!

No comments: