Monday, June 16, 2014

Mother's Day Tea

Dear Abby,
I like being your mom.  You make me giggle.  Not just laugh, but that trying to hold it in genuine, no control burst of 'ha'.  You say the wittiest things that catch me off guard, then make me realize you are one smart cookie.  You make me see the world as I saw it 30 years ago.  Your world is so much more fun that mine at times, so I like that.  I like when you give me a heart attack showing how brave you are, then later that night, you warm my heart by proving how much you need me, just to please lay beside you for 2 five minutes.  I like how easy going you are.  Okay, I LOVE how easy going you are. I like that you are not (yet) a control freak and, with a little bit of easy persuasion, you WILL wear those white sandals or the smocked dress that I just cannot give up on yet.  I like how your teachers tell me how you like your writing center to be neat, every time.  I like neat things.  I like how it's Mommy that tries to get out of reading a chapter at night, not you.  I like that you know right from wrong, but something you just have to test it out for yourself, just to prove it.  And I like how you own up to it, if maybe, perhaps you were indeed wrong.  I like that you aren't necessarily a snuggle bunny.  Not all of us can be that.  It takes a non snuggle bunny to appreciate that, by the way.  I like how you make me smile when you walk down the stairs each morning, because not only do you have a smile on your face, but your bed is ALWAYS made.  I like how you love to "eat Indians" and now "Greeks" (mainly baklava), and you will always try a new food.  And, I like how you spit it out if you do not like it.  You have nothing to prove.  I like how you are a fierce competitor, but still understand that sometimes you lose and that's okay.  I like how you tell me secrets, even when those secrets end up with you writing an apology letter to a dear friend.  I like your inner beauty as much as your outer.  And your hair, I like your hair, except for when it's tangled.  Even then I like it because it's easy to pull back into a pony tail without having to brush it.  
I like you, so do a lot of people.  I like being your mom.  
Your school celebrated Mother's Day with a beautiful Mother's Day Tea.  We were given hand made corsages and place mats and had a variety of delicious food, including a cheese dip that Mommy has since made about 20 times.  

We played a couple games and we both tried REALLY hard to win.  We did eventually win a prize.  The term "consolation" may have been included in that prize.  Your class also performed multiple songs, which were perfect!  
You even filled out this data sheet, which, I have to say, is fairly accurate with just a few minor exceptions...
It was a lovely Mother's Day Tea and loved spending the day with you.
And in regards to the aforementioned liableness of you, here are some pictures to prove it!


LOVE YOU and LIKE YOU!

No comments: